New to G-bodies, looking for help, mainly rear brake lines

Status
Not open for further replies.

Calvin Babineau-Crane

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 22, 2016
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Hey guys,

New to the G-body world, just traded my trailer for an '85 Cutlass that will be my daily driver. Overall the car looks like its in great shape, has been sitting for about 4 years, then last year the former owner ended up getting the body repainted but since then never drove it. The frame is solid, just light rust for the most part here and there but nothing serious.

One thing I did notice was no rear brakes, ended up crawling underneath and noticed a badly kinked brake line. The rest of the lines are pretty rusty along with the wheel cylinders (cant loosen the line or the bleeder screw). With that said I want to replace all the rear lines. Is it possible to replace the rear line without lifting the body? I was only able to take a quick look so not 100% sure on what I'm dealing with although it did look like the main line would be hard to get at. Any advice on what my options are would be appreciated.

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor