New to g-body thing, kinda need help

Status
Not open for further replies.

JTBurke55

n00b
Nov 8, 2015
new mew 080.JPG
Hey guys and gals, I'm tyler and I just bought an 85 culass salon. I want to build a budget hot rod but having trouble finding parts warehouses that carry g-body stuff. I need some interior components and trim pieces that are missing. I also have a question about the coil springs under these cars. I was wondering if anyone knew the diameter, height, and compression rate of the factor springs. Thanks for your time, hope Ill be able to share my build along the way.

V8 Rumble

Royal Smart Person
Jan 7, 2010
Connecticut
Welcome and congrats on the olds. It looks good. There are a couple of members that have a lot of parts in the for sale section.

Also there is gbodyparts.com for your gbody needs.

Not sure what the specs on the springs are but I'm sure Some one will chime in.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
welcome to the forum, as for the spring GM used different spring rates depending on the car. The first thing I would do if your wanting to make a hot rod out of it I'd lift the body off so you can box the frame and beef up the factory welds. With the body off you can change the body bushings which have outlived their life years ago

http://jeffd.50megs.com/Moog_Spring_Page.htm

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor