New to G body's. Need wheel/tire help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlackCatBuick

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 24, 2016
So I recently bought a 79 Regal roller for $300 and I'm hoping I can make her great again. The wheels on it now are all thin rally wheels and I need to have it at least LOOK half decent. I want to do Cragar soft 8s all around, but I'm afraid to order the wheels in case I make a miscalculation. I'm wanting 16x8 in the back with 275s and 15x8 in the front with 245s. From other forums that I've read, you want no more than 4" back spacing. Does putting a 1 inch spacer on say a 4 inch bs wheel make it a 3 inch total backspace? And if it indeed does, will 16x8s with 275s and this 3" total backspace work fine? How about the front with 15x8s with 245s? What backspace should I use for those if they're doable? I don't know what height I should go with the tires, either, I'm just trying to get a satisfying (static) stance haha. Any input will be appreciated, as the only types of cars I know well are fox bodies :)

BlackCatBuick

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 24, 2016
So I recently bought a 79 Regal roller for $300 and I'm hoping I can make her great again. The wheels on it now are all thin rally wheels and I need to have it at least LOOK half decent. I want to do Cragar soft 8s all around, but I'm afraid to order the wheels in case I make a miscalculation. I'm wanting 16x8 in the back with 275s and 15x8 in the front with 245s. From other forums that I've read, you want no more than 4" back spacing. Does putting a 1 inch spacer on say a 4 inch bs wheel make it a 3 inch total backspace? And if it indeed does, will 16x8s with 275s and this 3" total backspace work fine? How about the front with 15x8s with 245s? What backspace should I use for those if they're doable? I don't know what height I should go with the tires, either, I'm just trying to get a satisfying (static) stance haha. Any input will be appreciated, as the only types of cars I know well are fox bodies :)
Reeeeally need some input here guys. I know theres a guide for this problem but i still cant tell for certain what i should buy from that information alone

Qdub24

Royal Smart Person
Sep 6, 2006
Columbus, GA
16" wheels have a limited tire selection; I'd rather use 15x8 (235/60/15) front and 15x10 (275/60/15) rear. Why would you use a spacer with 4" backspace wheels. They should fit perfectly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor