New to Gbody and new on the forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MariaMalibu

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 26, 2020
Hi, I'm Maria and I'm from Sweden.
I just sold my El Camino 1968 to Finland, I imported it from Florida three years ago and I had a lot of fun with it.
A friend's uncle died and he is selling his cars, one of them a Malibu 1979 that I bought.
I have no experience what so ever from Gbody.
I haven't even got the car yet, will pick it up later this week :)

First thing I want to do is buy conversion spacers and put some 20" Audi wheels I already have at home on it. And I am trying to figure out what lowering springs to buy.

Looking forward to interesting discussions here!

Attachments

• received_2918138378268453.jpeg
    received_2918138378268453.jpeg
    79.4 KB · Views: 222
  • received_730552021021276.jpeg
    received_730552021021276.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 229
  • received_235901211160022.jpeg
    received_235901211160022.jpeg
    63 KB · Views: 217
  • IMG-20200421-WA0004.jpg
    IMG-20200421-WA0004.jpg
    363.2 KB · Views: 225
Reactions: 5 users

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
G-Body of the Month
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Hi Maria,
Welcome to the forum. Looks like a nice Malibu. It should look killer with a nice set of wheels. Nice El Camino, btw. Your Malibu would look good with a set of wheels like your El Camino had.
I had a friend in the Stockholm area, He also had a Malibu coupe he was working on. He never got to finish it. He was involved with too many other projects.

Reactions: 1 users

MariaMalibu

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 26, 2020
Hi Maria,
Welcome to the forum. Looks like a nice Malibu. It should look killer with a nice set of wheels. Nice El Camino, btw. Your Malibu would look good with a set of wheels like your El Camino had.
I had a friend in the Stockholm area, He also had a Malibu coupe he was working on. He never got to finish it. He was involved with too many other projects.
Thank you! I agree with you about the wheels. But the 20" I already have has the same roll radius as the original Malibu wheels so I have to try at least for this summer :)

Reactions: 1 user

melloelky

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 22, 2017
mass
I'd work on getting the wheels to fit the car well to make sure they're gonna work without rubbing the frame or anything (especially in the front) before lowering it/changing the springs.

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

Longroof79

G-Body of the Month
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
If you're intent is to use the Audi wheels, make sure they fit properly on the adapter/spacers. I have heard of using BMW wheels. How well they work, I can't tell you.

Reactions: 1 users

MariaMalibu

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 26, 2020
If you're intent is to use the Audi wheels, make sure they fit properly on the adapter/spacers. I have heard of using BMW wheels. How well they work, I can't tell you.
Yes I will have the spacers made just for this setup so they will fit. I just need to decide if I will go with 40 or 45 millimeter wide spacers. The Audi wheels offset is 42 and original Malibu is 0 as far as I know. I will have to try and measure when I have the car.

Longroof79

G-Body of the Month
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Yes I will have the spacers made just for this setup so they will fit. I just need to decide if I will go with 40 or 45 millimeter wide spacers. The Audi wheels offset is 42 and original Malibu is 0 as far as I know. I will have to try and measure when I have the car.
Good luck! Hope it works out in your favor. Oh, and good luck on the Malibu acquisition. It looks like a nice clean car.

• Agree
Reactions: 3 users

5spdCab

Royal Smart Person
Dec 29, 2019
Tukwila, Wa.
Welcome to gbody from Seattle, Wa., USA. Being from Sweden, having owned a Chevy before, you obviously know your way around "foriegn" cars. I agree with the others, that is a very nice Malibu. Your Elky sure did look good as well.

MariaMalibu

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 26, 2020
Welcome to gbody from Seattle, Wa., USA. Being from Sweden, having owned a Chevy before, you obviously know your way around "foriegn" cars. I agree with the others, that is a very nice Malibu. Your Elky sure did look good as well.
Thank you! This is my fourth Chevy so hopefully I have picked up some knowledge on the way. I payed 3000$ for the Malibu, I think that's a bargain (not sure if that's the right term for it).
The sad thing with the Elky was that even if it looked good from a distance it hade big problems with rust. I had to choose to restore it or sell it and I did the later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor