New to Gbody forum, long time Gbody goon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turbolq4

Royal Smart Person
Sep 25, 2017
Nampa Idaho
Turbolq4n00b
Hey fellow G body people! Newb to the forums here but a long time G body lover. Have had a '78 Elky for 19 years, put 4 second hand small blocks through that car in my youth. Great car to cut your hot rod teeth on. Current play car is a 1981 Malibu Classic crew cab (4door) with power windows and locks, tilt steering, etc. Was a 4.4 liter, th200, 7.5 rear with airplane gears car to begin with. Swapped in a 283 from a friend, smoked the trans power braking it in the driveway. Put a TH350 in and drove it for a year. Got the itch for more powah!! Swapped in a 5.3 from a 2001 Yukon along with a 4L80E from a 2006 2500HD. It runs the factory Yukon ecm controlling engine and trans. Found a Ford 8.8 out of a '95 Mustang GT and slapped it into the rear. Has 2.73 gears and a stock converter cause I wanted a fast cruiser not a drag car. Put a GN tank with a Walbro 400lph in tank pump. -6 AN feed and return lines with a boost referenced adjustable fuel pressure regulator. It has a VS Racing GT45 69mm turbo on 14ish psi, 4 inch downpipe, 4inch diameter main exhaust into a 3" Magnaflow muffler. It has a transgo2 shift kit in the trans to handle the torque this thing produces. Has big springs all around as well as Bilstein shocks. Many other little things done to it. Body is untouched, patina is intact, a real sleeper. Fun stuff. Have a line on a 1981 Malibu Wagon that's a 3.8 car all loaded with options like my 4 door.
Hope you guys have a great day!

Turbolq4

Royal Smart Person
Sep 25, 2017
Nampa Idaho
I have pics but I have yet to figure out how to post them from my phone. I don't have a pic hosting site.

O. D. Showtime

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 6, 2009
Regina Sask. Canada
Welcome aboard!

Reactions: 1 user

Jeff L

G-Body Guru
Nov 20, 2016
Southern AZ
Welcome from AZ. If you want to add photos just hit the “upload a file” button just under the text box. Can upload right off the phone to your posts.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor