New to GBodyforum - 1985 Monte Carlo SS on Air

Status
Not open for further replies.

SSONAIR

n00b
Jul 30, 2019
Whats up?! I'm not sure how I haven't found this site sooner. I've owned this 1985 Monte Carlos SS for 15 years since 2004. It was bagged in 2005 and I ran 20" Irocs (like everyone else) for the last 14 years. It's been unchanged pretty much for the last 7 years and only driven a few times in the summer while I played with my other toys. This year I decided to sell some toys and get back in the game with the Monte. I just updated the rims, tires, and all the air suspension and regular suspension components to the latest stuff. Went with the Accuair digital controller set up. In the process of updating the trunk set up to go from carpet to leather and switch from chrome to powder coat and hard line for the air tanks and amps. Also upgrading the head unit and the subs to JL Audio. Still contemplating putting a new engine in this winter but the original 305 is still a strong runner with only about 79k on it. I'm sure I'll have questions for the motor experts cause that's something I know nothing about. The look of the car isn't for everyone as was the case back in 2005 when I originally bagged it on 20's but its my love...

Monte SSONAIR 5.jpg

Monte SSONAIR 2.jpg

Monte SSONAIR 4.jpg

Monte SSONAIR.jpg

Monte SSONAIR 3.jpg

• Love
Reactions: 5 users

-83MONTESS-

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 4, 2010
Bellevue, Ohio
Welcome aboard! Sweet ride. I'd love to do some air ride shenanigans with mine!

Reactions: 1 users

JAMCAR223

Royal Smart Person
Jun 6, 2014
Houston, TX.
I'm diggin' it (y)

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

Jeff L

G-Body Guru
Nov 20, 2016
Southern AZ
Welcome from another 85 SS owner! Nice car!!

PBGBodyFan

G-Body Guru
Mar 3, 2009
Wisconsin
Welcome aboard, I remember seeing your SS and briefly meeting you at the NMCOA in Illinois(I think it was?) in the mid to late 00's. Glad you still have it and it still looks great.

mclellan83

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 27, 2017
Pgh, PA
Welcome, very good looking Monte. Glad you finally made it here

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor