new to me '79 malibu

Status
Not open for further replies.

1evilregal

Comic Book Super Hero
Apr 23, 2009
Greensboro, NC
welcome to the site from NC! I've liked those squares over the years, but gotta say, I love the look you went for with both of them! love the sleeper, an severely mild visual touches!

Reactions: 1 user

truckdoug

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 23, 2018
thanks fellas! Hi Mike!

I'll do a quickie build thread on the malibu soon. It's taken a while to get settled into new digs

Max Headroom

Master Mechanic
Sep 8, 2011
Nice car! I hope you're not serious about junkyarding that 350/350 set. I can remember when a lot of people were trashing stock 350s just because they were low compression two bolt mains. Now you have to look hard to find a stock 350 that is worth rebuilding. Yeah, I know LS, LS, LS, blah, blah, blah. The difference is that I can fix almost anything that goes wrong with a gen 1/2 sbc with the hand tools in my trunk and the aftermarket parts for the old 350s are still very inexpensive (for the most part). I can't do that with an LS. Also, a well assembled two bolt main sbc is good to about 500 hp, if you know what you are doing.

Reactions: 1 user

truckdoug

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 23, 2018
right, i read somewhere recently that the sbc still makes up like 65% of all aftermarket sales...i dont think they'll be going anywhere soon(y)(y)

I was just being facetious about "junk yarding it" . What I can't sell I'll give away for free if it's a useful part.

That "built 355" ended up being a 305 according to the casting numbers. It still went to a good home in a 71 camaro :)

I'm not a make or model or brand guy...I'll use whatever I can my hands on. Truck LS motors just happen to be relatively inexpensive to make lots of ponies with

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor