86 GP project

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
The whole dash is apart, I had to remove a dealer installed alarm. Console is out as well. Steering column is loose. Front tires are old trailer tire. Front windshield is cracked across. And the drivers side window is half tinted, half removed. Sketchy as hell right now. It was a small block in a quiet neighborhood, so it was safe.
People like sketchy. Look at how many movies Nicholas cage keeps making.

The more issues something has the more impressive it gets that its on the road as-is, and, the more amusing it becomes.

Reactions: 1 users

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
The whole dash is apart, I had to remove a dealer installed alarm. Console is out as well. Steering column is loose. Front tires are old trailer tire. Front windshield is cracked across. And the drivers side window is half tinted, half removed. Sketchy as hell right now. It was a small block in a quiet neighborhood, so it was safe.
Yeah, but it runs and drives again. Win.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
You know, it just struck me, I bet we could convince MrSony to make a special trip out and straight pipe that bad boy.....

Embrace the sketch.
straaaaight piiiiiipes

Reactions: 2 users

08Malibu

Royal Smart Person
Feb 9, 2014
North Jersey
Took a break from block sanding the vette today to put all 4 formula wheels on. Can’t wait to finish the vette so I can put the springs on this car, and button up the loose ends that prevent me from driving it.

Attachments

• IMG_0327.jpeg
    IMG_0327.jpeg
    5.4 MB · Views: 13
  • IMG_0330.jpeg
    IMG_0330.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 12
Reactions: 5 users

08Malibu

Royal Smart Person
Feb 9, 2014
North Jersey
Picked this shifter up today. It’s from a sixties GTO supposedly. I think it will be a nice addition to this car. Especially since the original shifter was for 200-4r and I have a TH350 in it now. Too bad it doesn’t have the bend like the one from my 79 H/O.

Attachments

• IMG_0345.jpeg
    IMG_0345.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 10
Reactions: 6 users

08Malibu

Royal Smart Person
Feb 9, 2014
North Jersey
After a long weekend of getting the 62 vette painted, I went up into the attic to grab the lower moldings from the car. I also had a few stored in the trunk. When I opened it I was surprised to see the trunk light working. I guess my trips around the block are working her back in slowly.
I also retarded the timing quite a bit, and it’s running way better.
IMG_0393.jpeg
IMG_0390.jpeg
IMG_0391.jpeg
IMG_0392.jpeg
IMG_0401.jpeg

Reactions: 6 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor