New to me Tahoe

Status
Not open for further replies.

FastCraig

Master Mechanic
Sep 11, 2017
Huntington, WV
In the 2 weeks since I pulled the engine out of my MCSS I have discovered that we are not a one vehicle family. I was overly optimistic about how well sharing my wife's SUV would go while working on the swap. I accepted the reality that I was going to have to buy another vehicle. I got very tired of looking at misrepresented junk being peddled as good and VGC while actually being junk. I purchaced a 97 Tahoe with very minimal rust and it drives very good. Overall a good temporary ride that I should be able to easily sell once my MCSS is back on the road. Shoot. May just keep it with liability insurance for towing and transporting the kids and stuff.
IMG_20200115_103659.jpg
IMG_20200115_174922.jpg
IMG_20200115_175013.jpg

Reactions: 7 users

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
Just bought a 98 myself, for tow use since regular cab trucks seem to be hard to find, overpriced, and about 80% V6 rides

Reactions: 1 user

FastCraig

Master Mechanic
Sep 11, 2017
Huntington, WV
Just bought a 98 myself, for tow use since regular cab trucks seem to be hard to find, overpriced, and about 80% V6 rides
I've always liked them.

Doug Chahoy

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 21, 2016
Good choice. That’s my 2nd favorite GM truck body style. Had 2 a 94 Silverado 2500 LD, and a 99 2dr. Tahoe. Great trouble free trucks when I had them. My favorite would be a 62-66 short wheelbase Suburban. Pre Blazer/Tahoe.

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
So here's a pic after all the attempted theft carnage was repaired and cleaned up a little.

I swear, these idiots we hire cannot park anything straight, even when we have lines painted :doh:

tahoe.jpg

Reactions: 1 users

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
GASP! RUST!!!

J/K. I saw that rust spot and I'm like, whoa! Already? Of course, I've been so spoiled here in the south that the engine falls out of the cars here before the body rusts out. Good score! Nice looking truck.

Not saying stuff won't rust, but South Carolina has to BORROW snow removal equipment sometimes when the upstate gets enough snow to warrant it. The roads suck enough as it is around here without salt tearing them up.

Most families can't share one car efficiently, especially if you have kids or both y'all are working.

FastCraig

Master Mechanic
Sep 11, 2017
Huntington, WV
GASP! RUST!!!

J/K. I saw that rust spot and I'm like, whoa! Already? Of course, I've been so spoiled here in the south that the engine falls out of the cars here before the body rusts out. Good score! Nice looking truck.

Not saying stuff won't rust, but South Carolina has to BORROW snow removal equipment sometimes when the upstate gets enough snow to warrant it. The roads suck enough as it is around here without salt tearing them up.

Most families can't share one car efficiently, especially if you have kids or both y'all are working.
I didn't realize how often my wife was not at home. We definitely need to have our own vehicles. In Ohio & WV finding a relatively low mile vehicle that isn't worn out or rusted out is rare. I looked at, and passed on several vehicles that had the right mileage but were rusted out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor