New to site and would love the input on my car

Status
Not open for further replies.
87PearlRegal said:
Ok, been away for far too long but still nothing with the car starting. I did NOT pull the distributor, so timing is same as it was when I got it. I have primed carb many times - starting fluid and gas. Car REALLY wants to start - seeing smoke coming from snorkel on valve cover to air cleaner, and will atomize gas sometimes (mist up over the carb) but nothing else. I have to leave for a couple weeks now and won't get back under it for a while. Maybe when I get back I will have the ambition to start over again.

Also have a great idea that I wanted to spin off here as well. I have been contemplating an LS engine swap for weeks now, but i have a grand idea that no one I have ever heard of or read has tried. Looking through a salvage yard on Ebay, Cleveland Pick a Part specializes in totaled high performance cars. They have a complete C5 corvette chassis with 76k, that's bumper to bumper engine, transmission, frame and suspension. ANYWAY how realistic would it be to drop my Regal onto a completely different frame? I see that yes, much fabrication would be involved (I'm a sheet metal mechanic in the AF) but I am really enjoying the idea and challenge of having as unique a car as this would be.

the only thing you can use from that is the motor i believe. the transmission is in the rear of the car. your better off looking for a GTO with the LS1. youll get the t-56 and motor and the rear i would go with a 9inch. that would be a sweet *ss ride.

as far as your problem now.

have you checked your compression? you shouldnt have that much build up on the plugs. Check the grounds on the car. the motor should be grounded to the firewall. try running an extra ground strap. I think it will solve your problem.

Don't really know how to go about checking compression. Will try another grounding strap as well. Still don't have a good idea on why my plugs looked so black from just turning the car over.

Buy a cylinder compression gauge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor