New to the board.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 16, 2008
Williamsburg, KS
New guy here just bought my wife an 82 four door cutlass with the 3.8V6.
Have owned one other good car and that was an 83 monte carlo with a 305 and th350 with a posi. Joined this forum to meet more guys and gals with the same passion as I and my wife. And advice when I need it.

KrisW

G-Body Guru
Oct 24, 2007
Lakeland, FL
Welcome aboard!

We all hope you have fun with your new project!

Feb 16, 2008
Williamsburg, KS
Can you point me in the right direction of some wheels that would look nicer on my car. Better than the grandma caps that are on it now. And what kinda performance parts can I get to soup up this 3.8V6?

KrisW

G-Body Guru
Oct 24, 2007
Lakeland, FL
You can get nearly ANY aftermarket wheel to fit our cars, just pick what you like. On a Cutlass, I am very partial to the factory 15" Olds Rallye wheels. I run them on my 80 Cutlass. I got them from the wrecking yard off of a 70's big cutlass. They were chromed and used on the 442s in the 80's as well.

As for performance, the sky really is the limit there as well. You can turbo, like the Grand National, or make a fair amount of power naturally aspirated as well. You need to ask before you spend any money, what is your performance goal? Daily driver with pep, or serious street machine? We'll start there.

Here are some mods you need to do regardless of what else. You need to upgrade your transmission to a 2004R so that you have overdrive and more performance parts available to you and then make sure your rear end is somewhere in the 3.4x to 3.5x range. You'll get better take off and a little more gas mileage. If you jump up to 15" or bigger wheels, you'll appreciate these mods even more.

78mali350

Royal Smart Person
May 13, 2007
Pratt, KS
welcome to the site!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor