New to the forum but not to Pontiacs...

Status
Not open for further replies.

One More Pontiac...

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 26, 2019
CT
I was searching the 'net when I came across the forum. Seems like a active board with good information so I signed up. I've always liked Pontiacs thanks to Grandpa and his '69 428 Bonneville...besides the big cars, F bodies and the rest, I was really into the 73-77 A bodies, had dozens of 73-75 Grand Am's and held title at one time or another to 11 of the 4,806 1973 GTO's produced. All that's been gone for a decade now:cry: except for one Pontiac...back in about 2005 a teacher at a school I was working at drove a G-body Grand Prix that her mother bought new. I hated the smaller G bodies when they first came out but they grow on you after a couple decades...it was a clean car that she was about to scrap or donate as her mom was ready to hand down another car to her...offered $500 and she accepted. Burgundy in and out with a 305 and about 43,000 miles, I drove it for 3-4 years, replaced the 305 when it blew with a rebuilt 1980 pickup truck 350, then eventually parked it. Don't really remember why at this point:LOL: It's been sitting outside ever since, occasionally getting moved to a new parking spot over the years...finally tired of looking at it going to waste I charged up a battery the other day, poured gas down the carb this morning and it sputtered back to life:) Here's a few pix
... ...door rot... ...SPI tag... ...Now it's off to the gas station for some fresh fuel and air in the dry rotted tires, then over to the local pull and save to look for better tires...that's about it for now but I'll post some more later.

Reactions: 1 user

88AZSS

Master Mechanic
Mar 13, 2018
Mesa, AZ
Welcome to the forum. I have always liked the interiors of these GP's, probably my favorite of the generation. Looking forward to see what you do with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor