New to the Forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

mid442

n00b
Jan 6, 2019
Good Morning from Detroit! Many of you may have knowledge of this G-Body. I was introduced to the car in 1980 by the gentleman who painted it, Mike McCloud (RIP). I was 16 years old. Found it on EBAY 36 years later. Connected with the original builder, Bill Porterfield (Mid-Engineering was his moniker) and have been able to ask many questions and learn much. Drives like a 78 Cutlass. Previous owner has a great walk-around video; www.hotrodharrys.com. This winters projects revolve around the cooling system (thankfully, Dewitts is close to us) and the front suspension, especially brakes. It is a manual system that works good enough, but I know this forum has the hot set-up for front brakes and suspension bits. Any advice is welcome. Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• Drivers.jpg
    4.3 MB · Views: 335
  • Drivrs-eng.jpg
    4.5 MB · Views: 323
Reactions: 1 users
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
I have seen magazine pics of that one. That is how the Butless Cutlass should have been made into a 442 from the factory. What are specs on that blown 403? Go as big as you can for a radiator, either a large core, 1" plus 2 core or a 4 core rad and auxiliary trans cooler. A thermostat like a Robert Shaw won't hurt either along with a Flowkooler wster pump. UMI among others offer suspension bits. Is that a Tornado drive train in back? Many do the 2wd S-10/Blazer front brake upgrade. Awesome car, good luck and enjoy.

Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
I would also put reinforcement in front of the fuel cell for safety. I imagine it is loud as hell driving it as well.

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
Wow, nice to see some automotive history being saved. Welcome. You do know as a new memeber you'll have to make the rounds when its nice out & give all of us a ride. ;)

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

85442/86buick

G-Body Guru
Feb 12, 2013
Perth Country , Ontario
Damn ,I bought the issue of Hot Rod where that car was on the cover........yeah I am that old.

I think I still have it , who am I kidding ...I never trash car magazines .

Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor