New to the Forums! 85 Monte LS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Burning

Greasemonkey
Jul 9, 2020
Bardstown, KY
Hey guys,

New to the group and to G - bodies all together. I recently acquired this non running Monte Carlo LS from a friend for 500 bucks. Plans are 5.3/4l80e/9"/BW S480 turbo. Not my first ls swap turbo project. I had a 04 Mustang Cobra that was ls swapped with a 78/75 billet turbo pushing around 750RWHP on low boost and conservative tune.

I will be making a build thread showing progress (although slowly with twins and a baby on the way, thought i would have more time on my hands at 26 LOL). im sure ill have lots of questions throughout the project.

QW3hRt6l.jpg

52fFfLnl.jpg

dg7fJPGl.jpg

6m5ta94l.jpg

ptXRqBWl.jpg

YpgZvF2l.jpg

1YQj0Ejl.jpg

God Bless.

Reactions: 5 users

88AZSS

Master Mechanic
Mar 13, 2018
Mesa, AZ
Welcome to the forums!

Are you sure that's an 85? That front and rear fascia started in '86 if im not mistaken. Either way, looks like a good base and look forward to seeing how it all comes together. From your photos it looks like youre somewhere with nice grass and trees so it must not be so dry like here in AZ. Are you planning on keeping the landau top? Post some pics of the interior too!

Burning

Greasemonkey
Jul 9, 2020
Bardstown, KY
Welcome to the forums!

Are you sure that's an 85? That front and rear fascia started in '86 if im not mistaken. Either way, looks like a good base and look forward to seeing how it all comes together. From your photos it looks like youre somewhere with nice grass and trees so it must not be so dry like here in AZ. Are you planning on keeping the landau top? Post some pics of the interior too!

i am not sure! I don’t have the title right now to know the exact year. I will try and get some interior pictures for you guys! I live in Bardstown KY, nice and green here. But comes with humidity and rust! Fortunately this car has bare minimum rust on it. Couple small surface rust spots on fenders from rock chips but the floor pans and frame are immaculate.

81Regal

Royal Smart Person
Apr 5, 2009
Terril Iowa
The LS did not start until mid year 86 and that has what looks like all the pieces to be an LS.

Reactions: 1 user

Burning

Greasemonkey
Jul 9, 2020
Bardstown, KY
The LS did not start until mid year 86 and that has what looks like all the pieces to be an LS.
Good to know, like i said first G body ever so im still learning. I like to think i got this car for a steal. Someone tell me otherwise?

BOURBON FESTIVAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was there about 15 years ago; lots o' fun.

Its a good time. Been here for about 5 years now. Love the small town to death. Just dont piss the cops off or you might go missing lol.

Doug Chahoy

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 21, 2016
Welcome, $500.00 for a Monte in that condition, you should be feeling very guilty LOL. Great score

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor