New to the G-Body Forum, Lots of G-bodys- Southern IL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nomax601

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 4, 2015
Benton,IL
Hello Everyone,
I am new to the forum, My first post. I picked up a 1983 Hurst Olds last year, I have been slowly
restoring back to its glory over the winter. It still has the orginal paint, it has 62,000miles. I have had in the
past 7 Monte Carlos, including 2 SS's. 3 Cutlass Supremes, and 2 Buick Regal. I know my G-body's well.
I am hoping to make my Hurst into a Pro-Tour in the future with an LS swap with a possible T56 transmission.
I just wanted to say hello.

Jim from So IL
0411151023a.jpg

theoldsone

G-Body Guru
Dec 26, 2014
Hello Everyone,
I am new to the forum, My first post. I picked up a 1983 Hurst Olds last year, I have been slowly
restoring back to its glory over the winter. It still has the orginal paint, it has 62,000miles. I have had in the
past 7 Monte Carlos, including 2 SS's. 3 Cutlass Supremes, and 2 Buick Regal. I know my G-body's well.
I am hoping to make my Hurst into a Pro-Tour in the future with an LS swap with a possible T56 transmission.

Jim from So IL View attachment 40288

Nice Olds! I cant get over a black HO. What engine/trans do you have in it now?

88hurstolds

Royal Smart Person
Jun 24, 2008
Lived in So IL for 5 years, loved it, only downside was the Crystal Meth epidemic, no jobs and lots of racist people that I've met.
What town are you from?
DuQuoin?

You should skip the LS swap, keep that survivor all original, sell it and just buy another one that's already missing the driveline... plenty of them out there already bastardized.

Nomax601

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 4, 2015
Benton,IL
Lived in So IL for 5 years, loved it, only downside was the Crystal Meth epidemic, no jobs and lots of racist people that I've met.
What town are you from?
DuQuoin?

You should skip the LS swap, keep that survivor all original, sell it and just buy another one that's already missing the driveline... plenty of them out there already bastardized.

I live in Benton, about 18 miles away, they are having the Street Machine Nationals there again in June, You hit the nail on the head that about describes So IL to a tee

Nomax601

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 4, 2015
Benton,IL

QS442

Master Mechanic
Sep 20, 2011
DE
Nice car. I am only speaking as the car (not one who doesn't feel you can do what you want to your car) when I say this: DON'T PUT A LS ENGINE IN ME! I AM A RARE H/O. KEEP ME PURE. I MADE IT THIS LONG WITH MY ORIGINAL POWERTRAIN. BUT IF YOU INSIST ON GUTTING ME-KEEP ME OLDS.

Love your car man. I have a 84 H/O. Welcome to the site.

85GPLef41

Royal Smart Person
Nov 14, 2008
Colorado
Nice Olds! If you decide to do the t56 swap trust me it's FUN!! Coupled with a LS series engine it isn't the same as the stock 307!! You could always perform the swap and avoid fully butchering the car, but the t56 swap involves cutting a hole on the floorboard and firewall... nothing a welder could fix! will admit all stock is cool for originality!!

mr evil

Aug 4, 2009
Sooke, BC, Canada
Welcome and really nice car!
Gotta say, I would leave that one un altered myself, however I still believe you should enjoy it any way you wish.
Cheers, keep us updated

mr evil

Aug 4, 2009
Sooke, BC, Canada
Welcome and really nice car!
Gotta say, I would leave that one un altered myself, however I still believe you should enjoy it any way you wish.
Cheers, keep us updated

L92 OLDS

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 30, 2012
West Michigan
Hello Everyone,

Jim from So IL

Welcome to the site. Nice H/O....you don't see low mileage unmolested examples like yours much anymore. While LS power is arguably one of the best engines you could swap into a G body, I would heed 88Hurstolds' advice and buy a project with missing drivetrain. With LS power you will need to make a lot of modifications very difficult to correct later (fuel system, frame, suspension, trans, wiring harness, etc. etc.).

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor