New to the G Body Scene

Status
Not open for further replies.

Qdub24

Royal Smart Person
Sep 6, 2006
Columbus, GA
WELCOME!!!! And NICE RIDE!!! Glad you found this awesome site! Just out of curiosity, what "G" bodies are popular down there that you see so often, and thanks in advance! :)

It's GA, G-bodies are everywhere. The GP is just the red-headed step child of the G-body lineup.

Reactions: 1 user

1slickG

n00b
Apr 21, 2019
It's GA, G-bodies are everywhere. The GP is just the red-headed step child of the G-body lineup.

I second that red headed step child comment. That is why I bought one. Lol. I always pull for the underdog.

Reactions: 1 user

vanrah

G-Body Guru
Apr 16, 2013
Near Afton, Wisconsin
Welcome One slick G; I'll second or third the air cleaner as a future problem. Even if it doesn't catch on fire the foam does little to filter the dust out of the air. I managed to destroy a set of rings in 30,000 miles with one. Oh ok buzzing to 7000 all the time may of had some wear effect?? Anyway I noticed that you have a V belt set up on a long water pump SBC. Here is a path to my pulley post. You’ll be amazed at the throttle response just from bolting these on.
https://post.craigslist.org/manage/6869747350
Make me an offer I can't refuse. Thanks for lookin', Ole' Bob.

Attachments

• IMG_0075.JPG
    IMG_0075.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 122

Jorge1958

Master Mechanic
Mar 2, 2019
Columbia City Oregon
What's up guys. New to the g bodies. I've always wanted one but I reside in Atlanta and there's so many of them around and I just never been the type to buy a car I'm going to see other people driving 68 times a day lol. So I wanted a g body you rarely see around my area and the Grand Prix was just that. I ran across this car for sale and got it at a great price and it only has 88k original miles. It needed some work. Rochester carb was flooding and leaking. Multiple oil leaks and vacuum leaks. I took all the old stuff off. Eliminated multiple vacuum components. Installed the edelbrock top end kit. Summit hei distributor. New valve covers and gaskets, water pump, fan clutch kit, shocks and Coolant temp sensor update to 2 wire. Cleaned up all the wiring with new loom. Removed ac compressor for now. Gotta get all the vents and blower motor working. As well as figure out why the power windows and gauges ain't working. Hope it's just a blown fuse or something.

Next mods are headers and true dual exhaust with some flowmasters. Then paint and interior work.

Future mods are either a big block or an LS swap.
Welcome. I like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor