New to the G body world

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnnyUtah1

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 17, 2018
My name is Brian and I bought a 1987 GMC caballero a couple of months ago. I’ve wanted an El Camino since I was a kid, had no idea that GMC had their own version
1C7E551D-EB67-4ABF-BA66-8BD020F2795B.jpeg

Looking forward to everyone’s suggestions on upgrades! Thanks

Reactions: 9 users

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
Lookin' sharp Brian! Unless there's already a BBC in there, that's a potential upgrade! The outside looks fairly done. (isn't there a hood ornament missing in the pic?)

JohnnyUtah1

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 17, 2018
Lookin' sharp Brian! Unless there's already a BBC in there, that's a potential upgrade! The outside looks fairly done. (isn't there a hood ornament missing in the pic?)

BBC? Ya it didn’t have a hood ornament when I got it

I need to get one for sure.

Reactions: 1 user

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
Welcome and as for suggestions just keep it clean and looking like it does, that is a great looking GMC so enjoy driving it.

Reactions: 1 users

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Welcome aboard, Brian.
That sure is a sweet looking Caballero. Thank you for taking the time out for your introduction and posting a pic of your very cool ride. You certainly found a nice clean example.
Enjoy the best G-body site on the web.

Reactions: 1 user

CaliWagon83

Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2017
Orange County, CA
If a BBC is out of the budget, keep an eye out for an LM7 5.3 Vortec. Big upgrade in power and economy over stock, and a great starting platform for hot-rodding if you’re so inclined.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor