New to the group

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joseph duffy

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 3, 2016
Long island
Hows it going g-body peoples. I have a 2dr 81 malibu, the car has a lot of sentimental value to me. So im looking to fix it up and drive it around. Currently the motor is out, but i will hopefully have it back in the car in the next 2 weeks. The car has been sitting a while, so it needs a few things. .

theoldsone

G-Body Guru
Dec 26, 2014
:worthless:

Welcome to the forum. Pics and details!

Joseph duffy

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 3, 2016
Long island

The only pic i have of the car at the moment is the one on my profile pic. The car has been in my family of friends for over 20 years. My one friend who i sold my elcam to sold this to another friend of mine , who blew the motor over 4 years ago and now sold it to me. I am putting in a 350 that another friend of mine buit for his suburban. Unfortunately he passed away in that truck. But having a vehicle i that i can keep part of him going in, that has stayed in our group of friends seems like the thing to do. The transmission is a th350 with a shift kit a 2600 stall converter. The paint will need to be done again. But before that i will need to fix a couple of things. Before it was parked the window sweeps were missing, so the bottom of the doors are rotted out, as we as the rockers . Other than that the body seems solid. The interior could use some help. I havnt desided weather to do buckets or reupolster the bench. I only recently acquired the car, so im still desiding on the direction to go with it.

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Welcome aboard!
Keep us up to date on your build progress.
BTW, I knew a Duffy family when I used to live in Brooklyn. There was also a Joe Duffy in that family.

Joseph duffy

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 3, 2016
Long island
Welcome aboard!
Keep us up to date on your build progress.
BTW, I knew a Duffy family when I used to live in Brooklyn. There was also a Joe Duffy in that family.
My father was joseph duffy as well. I believe he lived in bk aa a kid. Maybe the same Joseph your thinking of?

Longroof79

Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
My father was joseph duffy as well. I believe he lived in bk aa a kid. Maybe the same Joseph your thinking of?
If I recall, Joe would have been in his late 50's, early 60's. I was going to ask you if you were related to the Gerritsen Beach Duffys...probably not, but you never know.
I haven't seen Joe, or the Duffy clan in many years.

Joseph duffy

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 3, 2016
Long island
If I recall, Joe would have been in his late 50's, early 60's. I was going to ask you if you were related to the Gerritsen Beach Duffys...probably not, but you never know.
He passed away but he would have been 60 this past christmas. But he passed away almost 8 years ago.

Longroof79

Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
He passed away but he would have been 60 this past christmas. But he passed away almost 8 years ago.
I'm sorry for your loss, Joe. He died much too young.
Do you know where in Bklyn he grew up? Would your mom know? The Duffy family that I knew had three boys and one girl. Jimmy, Joe, Michael...and I forgot the girls name.
Their dad used to be the local butcher in our community many years back. Jimmy died some years back. Michael, I believe, became a fire fighter. He fought in the Golden Gloves when he was younger.

Joseph duffy

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 3, 2016
Long island
I'm sorry for your loss, Joe. He died much too young.
Do you know where in Bklyn he grew up? Would your mom know? The Duffy family that I knew, there were three boys and one girl. Jimmy, Joe, Michael...and I forgot the girls name.
Their dad used to be the local butcher in our community. Jimmy died some years back. Michael, I believe, became a fire fighter. He fought in the Golden Gloves when he was younger.
I appreciate it. Thank you. Im not sure where, but i dont think its the same Joseph. My father had one sister peggy, and my grandfather worked for gruman

Longroof79

Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
I appreciate it. Thank you. Im not sure where, but i dont think its the same Joseph. My father had one sister peggy, and my grandfather worked for gruman
I kinda figured you weren't from the same Duffy family. But, the world is a small place...you never know who's related to who.
Good talking to you. Thanks again for indulging me.

Hope you enjoy the site and you're able to get your Malibu roadworthy again.
BTW, if you come across a good set of El Camino doors, you'll be able to use them on your coupe. Just swap out the glass.
Good luck!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor