new to the site with a 85 el camino.

Status
Not open for further replies.

macgyver49

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 30, 2019
Nice elcamino. What company did you buy the choo choo front end from ?
I found honest charlies has the original mold, VERY and I mean VERY expensive but the quality was excellent. I've done a lot of fiberglass molds and this was spot on, fender fit was perfect. a little shimming at the hood latch area was all that was needed. I chose to not use the factory bumper under the nose as I didn't want to cut a good bumper and if i get in a wreck the nose wouldn't survive anyway. packaging was poor but it wasn't damaged and their shipping dept. is weird.

macgyver49

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 30, 2019
Not yet it's too cold, my hands are still sticking to the wrenches.
I need to figure out the reference wire from the cruise box to the speedo or trans, It could be in that weird sensor harness that screws to the back of the speedo head and reads the pulse, not sure but I dont give up.
My motto, if it ain't broke, fix it until it is.
I'll spend $100 in labor to fix a $5 part and think I'm saving money

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor