new to the site with a 85 el camino.

Status
Not open for further replies.

macgyver49

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 30, 2019
I've restored several cars in my day but this is a first forum for me so forgive if I not all correct yet.
I joined to tell the fight with the 16" IROC wheels. I didn't know there was fronts and rears until I bought them.
A 1 1/2" spacer did the rears ok but the fronts hit the new dropped spindle steering arms, so a 1/4" spacer worked until I realized the lug nuts weren't long enough.
so off everything came and new lug studs pressed on then all back together again. nothing is ever easy when changing things.
I also put on a new dash cover, if you do this get 3 times as many clamps, vice grips, c clamps, spring clip, whatever, as you think you need
I ordered a ss front end from honest charlie's ( not thrilled with them but they had it) got a cowl hood from summit and changed the interior from blue to tan.
done so my future color looks better, (2019 Kia wild orange pearl)
I took out everything computer related, carb, knock sensor, o2 sensor, computer, all wiring in engine compartment and under dash, only thing I haven't figured out is the cruise wire.

Attachments

• IMG_3763.JPG
    IMG_3763.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 245
  • IMG_3805.JPG
    IMG_3805.JPG
    3 MB · Views: 242
  • IMG_3745.JPG
    IMG_3745.JPG
    4.9 MB · Views: 239
  • IMG_3726.JPG
    IMG_3726.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 226
Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users

airboatgreg

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 2, 2016
Welcome from a fellow El C owner in SW Georgia. I have to do my dash also

melloelky

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 22, 2017
mass
welcome,looks like you've got a handle on tthe dash cap situation.can never have enough clamps.looking good.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
G-Body of the Month
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Welcome aboard! The Elky is coming along nicely.

roger1

G-Body Guru
Aug 23, 2010
San Angelo, TX
Nice looking car!

Since you've got 16" wheels you could think about upgrading to '98-02 Camaro "LS1" front brakes. One of the best upgrades I've done to my car.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor