New to the site

Status
Not open for further replies.

summerblizzerd

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 17, 2018
West 'BY GOD' Virginia
Thanks for opportunity to meet other g-body owners.
I have just acquired a 87 Buick GN WE4 t-top car. car has sat for 10 yrs. runs but not that well with old gas.
I've been into hotrods since I was like 8 yrs old. I rode in 87' gn when the 87's came out and fell in love every since. The car. Has surface rust on the entire frame and very little surface rust on the bottom of the body tub.
as of yesterday, i pulled the body from the frame to start blasting the frame and scuffing the tub.
There are 4 body mount holes in the frame that has to be cut out and and metal replaced.
In the process of removing fuel and brake lines to replace. I will try to post some pics as I go.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Welcome aboard! Looking forward to seeing pics of your work in progress.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

Zeus785

Greasemonkey
Apr 30, 2018
Welcome, there is a ton of knowledge here and a great community for support. Good luck

• Agree
  • Optimistic
Reactions: 2 users

mclellan83

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 27, 2017
Pgh, PA
Welcome aboard, looking forward to the progress

TexasT

Master Mechanic
Mar 20, 2008
Texas
Thanks for opportunity to meet other g-body owners.
I have just acquired a 87 Buick GN WE4 t-top car. car has sat for 10 yrs. runs but not that well with old gas.
\Welcome to the site.

Just a side note. It is either a Grand National(WE2) or a WE4 TurboT, can't be both. Or I guess it could be a Turbo Regal as a third option as you didn't post any pix.

So we are gonna need pix.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

summerblizzerd

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 17, 2018
West 'BY GOD' Virginia
Just a quick question, As I am cleaning all the grime off this A-arm, I see that there is a pinkish -red paint on the corner of it. Does anyone know if it was factory and why?

Attachments

• IMG_1344.JPG
    IMG_1344.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 202
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor