New to this forum.. Need help with Gen V l83 swap info my 87 cutlass...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dmalone247

n00b
Feb 6, 2019
Hey guys..I need some help with installing l83 into my 87 cutlass..I know I have to get the high mount accessory kit, motor mounts, pulleys, power steering pump, power steering reservoir, headers and send my wiring harness off to get fixed..I have l83 with 6l80 4x4 transmission and I don't know what transmission to put with it..I hear I would have to do some tunnel work to my transmission tunnel and I don't wanna do that..

clean8485

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 18, 2005
Ontario, Canada
I've lost track of the various RPO codes for the newer LS style engines. Is that an L83 or an LS3 you're talking about? Not sure of the displacement or what type of vehicle it originally came in either. I'm assuming since you mention a 4 by 4 transmission, that its a truck engine.

Dmalone247

n00b
Feb 6, 2019
I've lost track of the various RPO codes for the newer LS style engines. Is that an L83 or an LS3 you're talking about? Not sure of the displacement or what type of vehicle it originally came in either. I'm assuming since you mention a 4 by 4 transmission, that its a truck engine.
It's a L83 come out of 2014 Sierra.. Wondering should I go with 4l60

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor