New Upholstery or New Seats?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mclellan83

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 27, 2017
Pgh, PA
I also went with new buckets in my 86' Regal but mine are from Cerullo, I wanted a velour seat that closely matched my door panels I made.
I also mounted them to Gbody power bases for both sides.
I wanted seats with some good bolstering while not looking too out of place in my car. View attachment 183810 View attachment 183811
I really do like those seats, I had called them to see where we would be at with shop pricing and they were much more than the Jegs/Summit buckets. Her response was they are selling cheap Chinese junk which I totally get, but now they are like a stalker ex hahahaha. Have called a few times to see if we decided to pull the trigger on them

Reactions: 1 user

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
I really do like those seats, I had called them to see where we would be at with shop pricing and they were much more than the Jegs/Summit buckets. Her response was they are selling cheap Chinese junk which I totally get, but now they are like a stalker ex hahahaha. Have called a few times to see if we decided to pull the trigger on them
Since I also have the Cerullo's in my Monte from 25 years ago I know how comfortable they are and how well they holdup but I really didn't want to spend that much money on seats for the Regal "budget Build" and I considered used seats and reupholstering them but in the end with the Cerullo's I knew exactly what I was getting in the material and style I really like and they are actually more comfortable than my NOS pillowtops plus now I don't slide off the seat in turns anymore, no regrets here.

IMG_20210508_175832252.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

mclellan83

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 27, 2017
Pgh, PA
Since I also have the Cerullo's in my Monte from 25 years ago I know how comfortable they are and how well they holdup but I really didn't want to spend that much money on seats for the Regal "budget Build" and I considered used seats and reupholstering them but in the end with the Cerullo's I knew exactly what I was getting in the material and style I really like and they are actually more comfortable than my NOS pillowtops plus now I don't slide off the seat in turns anymore, no regrets here.

View attachment 183875
Yeah I really like the way they look in yours which is what made me thinking about pulling the trigger on them, but the Jegs ones are like $176 a piece and then when they said like $500 something a piece I just don't know if that big a difference is worth it to me. Had debated on buying the Jegs and get the guy who did my Blazer seats reupholster them for probably a bit over the $500

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
I just got a quote to do my back seat locally and he said $1000-1200 and that's with me supplying the material but I already knew I could get a front and rear seat upholstery set from StockInteriors.com for under $600 and it is the same material Cerullo uses from Acme, So I would verify your quote for doing a set of buckets since they are harder to do.

Reactions: 1 user

mclellan83

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 27, 2017
Pgh, PA
I just got a quote to do my back seat locally and he said $1000-1200 and that's with me supplying the material but I already knew I could get a front and rear seat upholstery set from StockInteriors.com for under $600 and it is the same material Cerullo uses from Acme, So I would verify your quote for doing a set of buckets since they are harder to do.
Yeah some of the pricing is crazy, I use a guy that we use for a lot of the bike seats. He almost gives too good of a pricing which is why I am thinking about going that route for the cheap seats and making them more custom. The more I think about it, might just have him do front and rear to match with something custom that looks stock. Then sell the almost new covers I have on them now

Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor