New user 84Cutty

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jae_84

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 20, 2017
New user. Bought 84 cutlass for my first car in 2k11 and have been working in it since. Replaced knocking 350 with an 010 350, don't know where it actually came from originally so a guesstimate and fitting has helped me through. It has been sitting intermittently since then and forced me to upgrade but won't give up on my baby. Dealing with starter issues now though, any help is surely appreciated.

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
Welcome aboard from KY. What type of starter issues are you having? You've come to the right place....tons of cool rides and knowledgeable guys willing to help!

Also, let's see some pics of the cutlass!

LukeZ

G-Body Guru
Apr 24, 2015
Delaware
Welcome from Delaware! Post pics!

Jae_84

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 20, 2017
Had flexplate replaced a year ago along with bulky starter and have been missing and shimming since

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
1st thing to ensure the flexplate tooth count matches that of the starter, and shimmed correctly so the starter gear disengages properly.

If the engine is missing, it shouldn't be starter related unless you have a short in the wiring from the fusebox to the starter lug~alternator post???? If you haven't already done it, start testing different circuits with a multimeter....a loose ground can wreak havoc and cause a migraine!

Jae_84

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 20, 2017
IMAG0300.jpg wired in third brake light
IMAG0301.jpg
edelbrock carb
IMAG0304.jpg
replaced semi bench seat with buckets I found salvaging parts IMAG0299.jpg headliner was my first salvage grab
IMAG0306.jpg
Landau top had been removed I removed the moulding and studs
IMAG0298.jpg
replaced original cluster with rally style guages

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
Almost sounds like the flexplate is the wrong size diameter-wise. If the starter gear is missing the teeth on the flexplate that's what i would look at. There is probably something I'm missing, others should chime in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor