New User Mid-Mich

Status
Not open for further replies.

gearheaddrew

Apprentice
Oct 29, 2019
Bay City MI
Hi all,

New user in Mid-Michigan. Had an 84 Monte SS in high school and life happened so it was sold.

Been lurking for a few months on the site as I am looking for another g-body.

Thanks for the add.

gearheaddrew

Apprentice
Oct 29, 2019
Bay City MI
Found some old photos of the 84.

Attachments

• 84 SS 2.jpg
    84 SS 2.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 155
  • 84 SS.jpg
    84 SS.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 142
Reactions: 3 users

88AZSS

Master Mechanic
Mar 13, 2018
Mesa, AZ
Welcome from AZ! Where abouts are you in the search? Have you decided what youre looking for already or just a G Body in general?

gearheaddrew

Apprentice
Oct 29, 2019
Bay City MI
Welcome from AZ! Where abouts are you in the search? Have you decided what youre looking for already or just a G Body in general?
Bay City MI. 10 min north of Saginaw.

Leaning towards a Regal or Malibu. Malibu's seem to have the highest price tag, Regal's have nice clean lines.

Also like the 78-79 Cutlass. So essentially a g-body in general. 😆

Have a couple LS engine/trans/harness/computer setups that I would like to do a swap on one with. Looking for a clean roller that dosent need body work. Not a body guy, mechanical is no issue.

88AZSS

Master Mechanic
Mar 13, 2018
Mesa, AZ
Bay City MI. 10 min north of Saginaw.

Leaning towards a Regal or Malibu. Malibu's seem to have the highest price tag, Regal's have nice clean lines.

Also like the 78-79 Cutlass. So essentially a g-body in general. 😆

Have a couple LS engine/trans/harness/computer setups that I would like to do a swap on one with. Looking for a clean roller that dosent need body work. Not a body guy, mechanical is no issue.
Yeah I'm in the same boat there, I can hold my own mechanical wise but body work is a no go for me. I wouldn't mind learning eventually I suppose. Luckily here in AZ we don't have the rust issue that some folks have out east. We get to deal with wrecked interior and rubber instead.

Good luck with you search, hope to see that you find something good soon.

gearheaddrew

Apprentice
Oct 29, 2019
Bay City MI
Yeah I'm in the same boat there, I can hold my own mechanical wise but body work is a no go for me. I wouldn't mind learning eventually I suppose. Luckily here in AZ we don't have the rust issue that some folks have out east. We get to deal with wrecked interior and rubber instead.

Good luck with you search, hope to see that you find something good soon.
thanks!

I found this one that I have been watching for a while but feel like it should come with about 5K in the glove box.....

88AZSS

Master Mechanic
Mar 13, 2018
Mesa, AZ
thanks!

I found this one that I have been watching for a while but feel like it should come with about 5K in the glove box.....

Man, I hope for your sake that the market doesn't allow a vehicle in the condition to go for that price. That would be a $2000-3500 car from what I've seen out here. The mold spores on the steering wheel do add some extra HP from what I hear though...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor