New user

Status
Not open for further replies.

DPF 84 Hurst

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 2, 2020
New to the site
Restoring an ‘84 Hurst which was my friends car in high school and has been sitting since 1996. Got it running but was in rough shape cosmetically so I decided to do a full resto
Had to replace floors and header panel and now Need help with the t-top replacement kit (I didn’t pay enough attention to that center trim piece when pulling it apart now I don’t know how to install it and unfortunately there are no videos on it and the replacement sheet metal didn’t come with any instructions
Any help would be greatly appreciated
2B3BFD40-CBEF-4153-86DD-A1CE428A167F.jpeg

Reactions: 3 users
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
You are brave, hopefully talented and determined to take on such a major project. It is one of, if not my favorite G body. Good luck and hopefully someone can answer all your questions.

UC645

Royal Smart Person
Apr 20, 2020
Kittanning, Pa
This may give you some insight on what you’re up against. You’re going to need a lot of spot weld drill bits

Reactions: 1 users

Max Headroom

Master Mechanic
Sep 8, 2011
New to the site
Restoring an ‘84 Hurst which was my friends car in high school and has been sitting since 1996. Got it running but was in rough shape cosmetically so I decided to do a full resto
Had to replace floors and header panel and now Need help with the t-top replacement kit (I didn’t pay enough attention to that center trim piece when pulling it apart now I don’t know how to install it and unfortunately there are no videos on it and the replacement sheet metal didn’t come with any instructions
Any help would be greatly appreciated
View attachment 158512

Man! You don't **** around!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: 1 user

Jeff Blagden

Master Mechanic
Aug 12, 2016
Winnipeg Manitoba Canada
WOW good luck this is a great place for knowledge but man that is a big project but good on you for trying it .But that it is out of my league Jeff from Winnipeg

Reactions: 1 user

airboatgreg

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 2, 2016
You are a better man than I for this project but i get it and you came to a great place to start. Admire your goal. Awesome

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor