New wheels for the wagon

Status
Not open for further replies.

zdeckich

Master Mechanic
Jun 23, 2013
Fort Worth, TX
Finally got in my new Detroit Steel Wheels for the wagon. Did them in low gloss white with the chevy logo dog dish. Hopefully to get the tires and have them mounted this weekend. My xmas gift to myself. did 18x8 fronts and 20x8 rear. with a 235/40/18 and 255/35/20 in Nitto 555G2's
MYWHEEL.jpg

Reactions: 4 users

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Those are cool. Nice choice on the wheels...different, yet has the old school flavor.
I like the early '50's style caps, too.

Definitely post some pics of the car after you mount them.

zdeckich

Master Mechanic
Jun 23, 2013
Fort Worth, TX
Finally got them on. one pic of it is not lowered and the 2nd pic is now lowered. Last pic is not the best. Just in front of my driveway.

newwheels.jpg
newwheels lowered.jpg

• Winner
Reactions: 8 users

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
Dude that looks sharp!!!! It would be sweet if you added a pinstripe along the bodyline the same color as the wheels IMO.

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

zdeckich

Master Mechanic
Jun 23, 2013
Fort Worth, TX
Or.....paint the roof to match me thinks :).

Lol I really thought about painting the roof white. Mighttry it with plasti dip to see how it looks, if i dont like it i can always peel it off lol.

Longroof79

Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Niiiice! They look killer on there. From what I can tell, it wasn't even necessary to lower the car...they still look good.
I'm wondering how they would look painted body color. ..or, like Scott suggested, paint the roof to match the wheels.

Reactions: 1 users

zdeckich

Master Mechanic
Jun 23, 2013
Fort Worth, TX
Niiiice! They look killer on there. From what I can tell, it wasn't even necessary to lower the car...they still look good.
I'm wondering how they would look painted body color. ..or, like Scott suggested, paint the roof to match the wheels.

The plan is to paint them body color later this year. But when i ordered them they only option was black or white. So i did the white for now. So far i really like the white. but i think it would look better body color for sure. That will happen soon as soon as im done with the interior. And it looked lower in the first pic not lowered but had a full tank of gas and 4 wheels and tires in the rear, when i took them out it looked way to high. But weird enough the driver side sits lower than the passanger side. And i have no idea why. Almost 3/4 lower on the driver side. I would assume its for 40 years of someone always sitting on the driver side. The front is the stock springs just cut from what i can tell.

Reactions: 1 user

Longroof79

Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
The plan is to paint them body color later this year. But when i ordered them they only option was black or white. So i did the white for now. So far i really like the white. but i think it would look better body color for sure. That will happen soon as soon as im done with the interior. And it looked lower in the first pic not lowered but had a full tank of gas and 4 wheels and tires in the rear, when i took them out it looked way to high. But weird enough the driver side sits lower than the passanger side. And i have no idea why. Almost 3/4 lower on the driver side. I would assume its for 40 years of someone always sitting on the driver side. The front is the stock springs just cut from what i can tell.
Ah, so you already have a plan in store. It's good to plan ahead sometimes, or at least have an initial idea of how you want it to look.

So, your car was loaded down when you took the first pic. Okay, that makes sense that it appeared lower. In any case, it's a cool looking wagon...I like it.

• Agree
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor