New Year interior resolution

Status
Not open for further replies.

Metzger82

Greasemonkey
Dec 15, 2021
NW Ohio
Happy New Year to everyone.

Though I love my big comfortable Brougham Suspreme 60/40 bench seat I've been exploring the idea of going to a bucket seat interior but I'm not sure what all GM bucket seats will directly bolt into my 1982 Cutlass. I also am curious if anyone knows where I can buy center console parts because I have a center console I got out of a junkyard but it's missing the shift plate, ashtray and the Oldsmobile armrest/storage compartment area. If anyone can help and give some insight it would be much appreciated.

Reactions: 1 user

clean8485

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 18, 2005
Ontario, Canada
Most GM bucket seats from the late 1970s up to the early 2000s (not all, but most), will work in your Cutlass. The existing 60/40 floor mounts are fine, but you're probably going to have to track down '78-'88 A/G body bucket seat tracks, since in some cases, the seat bolt mounting pattern between 60/40 tracks and bucket seat tracks is different, and bucket seats will not bolt directly to 60/40 seat tracks (unless you're into fabricating adapters to make it work). As for the console, if you want to go with a factory type arrangement, then there are mounting brackets available which will have to be either bolted or welded to the floor, in order for the console and shifter to be mounted properly.

Reactions: 1 user

Metzger82

Greasemonkey
Dec 15, 2021
NW Ohio
Sweet, so that means I get to do some more welding! I enjoying the fabricating but when it comes to the investigating what I need is what's the tedious and boring part. So stupid question is there a better or more preferable factory G-Body bucket seats for me to hunt for because I would prefer the factory style seats.

clean8485

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 18, 2005
Ontario, Canada
Others may chime in here, but as far as factory G body seats go, the ultimate (in my humble opinion) are the Lear Seigler bucket seats that GM offered as an option on the 1984 and 1985 Buick GN. They are extremely rare though, because there were few GNs produced with them, as they were an expensive option when new. If you do find any, expect to pay accordingly. Really, when you get right down to it, pretty much any G body bucket seat will work, as well as '82-'94 S10 bucket seats, 3rd Gen, and I think most 4th Gen F body (Camaro/Firebird) seats, Cavalier, Sunbird and Sunfire from '82 up to 2005, plus other GM FWD bucket seats. I have a 1984 Monte SS, and right now it has front bucket seats from a 1996 Grand Am GT, and a rear seat from an '84 Buick GN with the Lear Seigler option. I had them re-upholstered to go with the rest of the interior, and if I didn't tell you they weren't original to the car, you'd think it was just a factory upgrade that was available from GM. As long as you're comfortable, and the upholstery matches, its all in what YOU want.

• Agree
Reactions: 4 users

Steve S

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 22, 2022
Others may chime in here, but as far as factory G body seats go, the ultimate (in my humble opinion) are the Lear Seigler bucket seats that GM offered as an option on the 1984 and 1985 Buick GN. They are extremely rare though, because there were few GNs produced with them, as they were an expensive option when new. If you do find any, expect to pay accordingly. Really, when you get right down to it, pretty much any G body bucket seat will work, as well as '82-'94 S10 bucket seats, 3rd Gen, and I think most 4th Gen F body (Camaro/Firebird) seats, Cavalier, Sunbird and Sunfire from '82 up to 2005, plus other GM FWD bucket seats. I have a 1984 Monte SS, and right now it has front bucket seats from a 1996 Grand Am GT, and a rear seat from an '84 Buick GN with the Lear Seigler option. I had them re-upholstered to go with the rest of the interior, and if I didn't tell you they weren't original to the car, you'd think it was just a factory upgrade that was available from GM. As long as you're comfortable, and the upholstery matches, its all in what YOU want.

Steve S

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 22, 2022
Need help,
We are restoring a 1986 cutlass salon.
A little off the subject. I am in need of 1986 cutlass salon replacement seat covers.
wood like as close to original as possible.

houston_t

Greasemonkey
Nov 15, 2016
Metro Detroit
Need help,
We are restoring a 1986 cutlass salon.
A little off the subject. I am in need of 1986 cutlass salon replacement seat covers.
wood like as close to original as possible.
You should start a separate thread but check out gbodyparts.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor