Newbee

Status
Not open for further replies.

Huck

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 21, 2020
I am new to this forum and so happy to have found it. I have an'82 Malibu 4-door, that I love and want to keep going forever. It has a 350 with 350 turbo trans and some Edelbrock enhancements. Right now, I have an issue where my lights on "buzzer" won't shut up even with key out, ignition off. I found a dead battery yesterday morning. Jump started and the car was fine all day. The I lost the horn, dome light, turn signals etc. I believe they are on the same fuse but haven't checked. I just disconnected the battery and went to bed. Obviously I'd appreciate your help. Thanks, in advance

Reactions: 1 user

blk7gxn

Royal Smart Person
Feb 7, 2019
Welcome Huck!! Here are a few links on G-body you may want to search through for an answer. Love to see some pictures of your ride! :)

Huck

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 21, 2020
Thank you, I see many share my same woes but no cures. I think my culprit is the ignition switch. I've already dropped the steering column, and am ready to yank,er, gently remove it. Stay tuned.

Reactions: 1 user

79 GP 4 speed

Master Mechanic
Nov 12, 2017
Welcome to the club from North Carolina

79 GP 4 speed

Master Mechanic
Nov 12, 2017
You don't need to remove the steering column to replace the ignition switch

Huck

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 21, 2020
Welcome - have you done anything to your car lately related to what that fuse controls?
Nope, but I found, when I turn the steering wheel, everything comes back to life! turn signals, dome light, radio, even my add-on voltage gauge. That's why I'm pulling the ignition switch to inspect. BTW, the battery was dead, yesterday, but was OK after a long ride. I'm sure I could hook up the battery, now, and he'd (Boris) would start up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor