Newbie from ohio

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tirespin426

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 28, 2017
IMG_0896.JPG
Hey guys just want to introduce myself , owned many g-body's over the years but here is my new addition so any help I can get is much appreciated . It's a 79 which has been a drag car most of its life but I'm trying to put it back on the street .

Reactions: 3 users

Opie Knievel

Rum Fueled Midnight Mechanic and Moderator
Sep 6, 2010
Brodhead, Kentucky
Welcome to the forum. Nice looking Monte. What are your plans for the car? What kind of engine and transmission does it have now? We love pics. Post some more if you want.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

Tirespin426

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 28, 2017
IMG_0897.JPG
IMG_0882.JPG
I'm planning on a LS turbo with a th400 , it already has a 12bolt narrowed down but had 488 gears which I have to swap out . Interior is nonexistent so gotta pick up everything.

Reactions: 4 users

Opie Knievel

Rum Fueled Midnight Mechanic and Moderator
Sep 6, 2010
Brodhead, Kentucky
There are a few guys on here running or in the process of building turbo LS engines. You should be able to get plenty of support if you should need it.

Where in Ohio are you? I live in KY, in a small town called Mt. Vernon.

Reactions: 1 users

kalidromos13

Master Mechanic
Oct 12, 2016
Palmdale, CA
Nice third gen!! And welcome from California!! Looks like you've got the rear end beefed up for performance so it'll be a nice super street car there for sure! Looks like your car has tons of potential!! There's a few guys with third gen MCs here so if there's any model year specific questions someone might know the answer, look forward to your progress!

• Agree

Tirespin426

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 28, 2017
I live in zanesville Ohio about an hr east of Columbus . Yea I know where Mt Vernon is I drive truck for a living and deliver north of you there in Lexington

Tirespin426

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 28, 2017
By the way thank u guys for welcoming me , this really seems like a great site

theoldsone

G-Body Guru
Dec 26, 2014
Nice Montecarlo welcome to the site. Why the name 426?

Tirespin426

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 28, 2017
Back in the day we ran a stroker 426 motor and it just stuck , nothing real special about it .

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor