Newbie here . . . thanks for accepting me

Status
Not open for further replies.

78 Regal

n00b
Oct 24, 2021
Middle age crazy, and lack of NASCAR Saturday night tracks locally, caused me to buy a very nice '78 Regal - a former NHRA drag car complete with full cage, seats, gauges, narrowed 9 inch with spool, ladder bars, big tires, etc. The previous owner ran a blown 455 Buick. I am building an old school 1970's era 355 SBC with a built 350 turbo. My main project is to get the motor/trans into the car. The previous owner welded some kind of mounts to the crossmember, but I don't think they will work with a SBC. I am looking at solid motor mounts ( https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08PYTRMCG/?tag=gbody-20 ) Anyone else experience this type of swap? Thanks.

Reactions: 1 user

5spdCab

Royal Smart Person
Dec 29, 2019
Tukwila, Wa.
Middle age crazy, and lack of NASCAR Saturday night tracks locally, caused me to buy a very nice '78 Regal - a former NHRA drag car complete with full cage, seats, gauges, narrowed 9 inch with spool, ladder bars, big tires, etc. The previous owner ran a blown 455 Buick. I am building an old school 1970's era 355 SBC with a built 350 turbo. My main project is to get the motor/trans into the car. The previous owner welded some kind of mounts to the crossmember, but I don't think they will work with a SBC. I am looking at solid motor mounts ( https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08PYTRMCG/?tag=gbody-20 ) Anyone else experience this type of swap? Thanks.
Hi 78 Regal, welcome to GBF from a Seattle, Wa. '78 Caballero and '79 El Camino.
Lot of Buick guys here, they would know. I am not absolutely positive, but I think that Chevy SBC mounts are different than Buick/Pontiac/Olds.
When you get a chance, share some pics, and tell us more about your Regal.
Explore the site, and have fun.

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor