Newbie Here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trix Prix

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 27, 2006
Hey everyone, Newb here, I just picked up the steal of the century. I got a 1980 pontiac grand prix that has 33,000 original miles on the closk it was a little old ladies that had sparingly drove it since it ws new. I work at your local negborhood service station in my spare time and the lady had been a long time customer and gave it to the owner of the station who inturn sold it to me for300$. Evrything is pretty much as you would expect for a 30,000 mile car, the interior looks new, except the plastic on the door panels has some sun fading. the paint is actually still shiny, accept the edges of the doors where they have been opened into some poor cars in parking lots. The front filler panel has been replaced but the back is completely. I am going to completely strip it and pain tit black and black out all of the chome. Oh and I was going to yank the V6 out and throw a 350 in , but I have convinced myself that a 30,000 mile V6 might actually be fun to build. I plan on cam, intake, carb, headers, exhaust, and top it off with a 100 shot. Should make a fun bracket car. I also am going to slam it a bit and thro some big and little drag lites on it. Well I deffinately got a good starter car, and I am sure I will have a few questions. Will document the build with a bunch f pictures.

Any body have any good links to grand prix info or Non turbo buick builds/ parts?

1fast87olds

Greasemonkey
Feb 18, 2006
St. Albans Wv
that sounds like a pretty good deal... orig, i was gonna stick a 231 in my car but came across a good deal with the 350 olds

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor