Status
Not open for further replies.

omegaman211

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 15, 2007
ohio
Im new to this board. I need to soak up alot of opinions. Just bought a 79 Malibu with extremely low mileage. Its a 9C1 2 dr LOADED! Wondering if I should keep it factory or mod it?? Anybody??

clean8485

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 18, 2005
Ontario, Canada
A loaded 2 dr 9C1 car would be very rare. Do you have the documentation (build sheet, original service parts ID label, original bill of sale) to show that it is a 9C1 car? Just curious, as most police package cars tended to have a hard life, and for one of these cars to have survived for 28 years would be quite a feat.

james_cambron

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 11, 2007
Nebraska
omegaman211 said:
Im new to this board. I need to soak up alot of opinions. Just bought a 79 Malibu with extremely low mileage. Its a 9C1 2 dr LOADED! Wondering if I should keep it factory or mod it?? Anybody??

That WOULD be a very rare car. Like he said, a police package Malibu would be hard to find as they were drivin hard. Not only by the departments that had them, but also by the individuals that bought them afterwards. I have had a couple of them and they were in pretty bad shape when I got them. If it is indeed a 9C1 car, I would keep it completely stock. I am doing one now that also was a police packaged car, but it was in pretty bad shape with a ton of miles so I am going ground up with alot of mods. Good luck, and welcome to the G-Body family.

omegaman211

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 15, 2007
ohio
79 2dr 9C1

I have original order sheet, window sticker, sales receipt. Haven't looked for build sheet as of yet. Its Camel metallic with 23 rpo and seo options. Under 2500 miles. Window sticker based at 4,708.56 bottom lined at 7,675.00.

clean8485

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 18, 2005
Ontario, Canada
A documented 2 door 9C1 with mileage that is that low would be extremely rare. As suggested above, I would keep the car completely original. I would say that there are probably very few cars like that still around.

1fast87olds

Greasemonkey
Feb 18, 2006
St. Albans Wv
Welcome to the site!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor