Status
Not open for further replies.

ctheathf

n00b
Sep 5, 2020
thanks for letting me come into this group. i love monte carlo ss and have owned several through the years but had to sell due to divorce and other things. my son currently has a 86 ss and all the lights go bright and dim inside and out and only his low beams will work. i pull wire from alternator and it stops and i have replaced it as well and also replaced dimmer switch but still no luck. any suggestions as im lost when it comes to electrical. thanks again

Max Headroom

Master Mechanic
Sep 8, 2011
I am no Tesla but it might be the voltage regulator in the alternator. It could also be a loose ground.

kornball426

Royal Smart Person
May 29, 2009
Philadelphia, PA.
Welcome to the boards, I have zero clout or authority here, but everyone is welcome.

I suspect bad ground. I have some really bizarre intermittent issues with my elcamino, sometimes the turn signals work, sometimes they don't. I'll get around to fixing it eventually, but I think it's because of a bad ground.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor