Newish member

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trigger

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 27, 2019
Denver, NC
I've posted twice over the last two days trying to introduce myself even though I don't see it coming up at all. Just trying to see if I'm doing something wrong on this forum. (FIXED) Member info with pics down below. My name is Jeremy also. Live in Denver, NC right ouside of Charlotte. Originally from Indiana. Retired military. Car is 87 Monte. Pics and info down below this.

Last edited:

My86R3gal

Greasemonkey
Jan 12, 2015
South of Chicago
I've posted twice over the last two days trying to introduce myself even though I don't see it coming up at all. Just trying to see if I'm doing something wrong on this forum. I've been a member on about 15 others so not anything new. Just trying to figure out why it's taking so long to publish or get reviewed. However this site handles it. Thank you
Welcome aboard I can see this one. What do you drive? Where you from? Pics are always good!

Kwik_Cutty88

Royal Smart Person
Nov 22, 2011
Coastal North Carolina
I've posted twice over the last two days trying to introduce myself even though I don't see it coming up at all. Just trying to see if I'm doing something wrong on this forum. I've been a member on about 15 others so not anything new. Just trying to figure out why it's taking so long to publish or get reviewed. However this site handles it. Thank you

Hey, Moderator here.

Sometimes (and I don't know all the specifics of why this happens) the website will automatically flag some new posts as spam. When this happens they show up in the approval queue so us moderators can take a look and verify if they are actually spam or not. I'll go ahead and approve both, just leave a reply on which one you want to keep once they are published and I'll take the other one down.

In the meantime, welcome!

Reactions: 3 users

Trigger

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 27, 2019
Denver, NC
It's been driving me crazy. I wrote two lengthy intro's. Oh well. New member here. Not new to forums or even contributing. I've read prolly 100 different threads just since picking it up. I can have a low thread count at times because alot of questions I have I find the answers to by searching before asking. Car is a 87 Monte Carlo LS. My grandpa bought it in 93 with 18,230 miles. He's been telling me I could have it for the last 15 years. He passed away last year. So I've been around the car since a kid. Worked on the car growing up. My mom also drove a 85 MC SS I used to love. It's completely stock besides the exhaust. 93,400 miles as of now. Hasn't flipped odometer yet. I got it running again the other day. Runs perfect after sitting for 13 months. No accidents in history. Clean frame. Nothing is rusted as far as I can see. It's been in a garage or under car port most of life. Plans for it are to swap out the rear end, pull the trans eventually to handle more power, and drop a small block in it. No 22s or any s**t like that. Just clean. I am retired from the military/purple heart recipient etc and only 34 years old. I have been married for 11 years. Have three daughters. The past two years I've spent building a 02 TJ that had been sitting for 4 years. Got it to the point it's at now. Clean lifted daily-ish driver. I've owned 17 cars since I started driving. First vehicle was a 88 GMC 4x4 I got after working the summer at the farm. Didn't have an engine or trans. Grandpa thought it would be good learning experience. By that point I knew how to work on cars pretty well. He owned a car lot in KY I grew up working at in the summers. Mechanical, pulling interiors to pressure wash or detail, ordering parts, changing suspensions and brakes, driving the car hauler etc etc. You name it & he helped me learn. Fast forward almost 20 years and I'm now retired from the military. Served 10 years but unfortunately was shot up pretty bad back in 2012, had a bunch of surgeries, left hip replacement, broken left arm, torn left shoulder, pierced ear drum I can't hear out of anymore on left side, broken right orbital and a severe concussion at the time. Lucky to have survived at all. I used to build street bikes as well but the wife likes me safe nowadays. Can't even remember how many bikes I've done. I was a Triumph motorcycle tech prior to joining the Army. So since the Jeep is done-ish I needed another project. Went up to KY and picked it up. In the middle of fixing to hard line from the prop valve to rear flex line on the brakes. Then gonna get it titled and plated here in NC. I have a bad habit of jumping through time on additions to projects if I don't need help. I'll try to remember to post pics as I go and contribute where I can. I've owned two race cars in the past, all the rest street cars but some fast. 4 Mustangs but I'm glad to be able to have a GM project. Not the first, just hasn't been anything recent. Had 2 classic Chevy pickups besides my first truck, old International pickup, Nissan hard body, 3 VW's I built when younger as well as some I'm forgetting to list. I have a full size shop in my basement with garage door access so plenty of room. Having to move and rebuild the wood shop side of things to the other side of the shop so for now it's under my carport. Hopefully get it moved down this weekend. Trying to not write a book here. Oh btw name is Jeremy, or alot of ppl call me Trigger. Look forward to talking to you guys in the future.

Attachments

• IMG_20190426_134538560~2.jpg
    IMG_20190426_134538560~2.jpg
    833.7 KB · Views: 205
  • IMG_20190430_202815454.jpg
    IMG_20190430_202815454.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 214
  • IMG_20190429_192150813.jpg
    IMG_20190429_192150813.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 218
  • 0723181831.jpg
    0723181831.jpg
    4.8 MB · Views: 218
Reactions: 3 users

Trigger

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 27, 2019
Denver, NC
Hey, Moderator here.

Sometimes (and I don't know all the specifics of why this happens) the website will automatically flag some new posts as spam. When this happens they show up in the approval queue so us moderators can take a look and verify if they are actually spam or not. I'll go ahead and approve both, just leave a reply on which one you want to keep once they are published and I'll take the other one down.

In the meantime, welcome!

Thanks man. I just deleted both of those threads. Info is pretty much all covered in this thread now even though it's kinda reverse. Thanks again!

Reactions: 1 user

85442/86buick

G-Body Guru
Feb 12, 2013
Perth Country , Ontario
Welcome ,
Damn that is one hell of a life story , glad you're here with us now. And a great story about your grandfather and his car.
Guess I should stop complaining about the paper cut I got at work yesterday.
Dave

Reactions: 2 users

Trigger

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 27, 2019
Denver, NC
Welcome ,
Damn that is one hell of a life story , glad you're here with us now. And a great story about your grandfather and his car.
Guess I should stop complaining about the paper cut I got at work yesterday.
Dave
Everyone has their limits. Haha. I feel old some days for sure. I can only imagine when I'm actually old. Add to that broken bones I've gotten earlier in life from motorcycle/dirtbikes crashes plus a couple bad car crashes I went through as a passenger and it adds up for sure. I try to stay in shape and eat healthy. Best things I've done to keep myself halfway normal. Thank you for the kind words.

Reactions: 1 users

clean8485

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 18, 2005
Ontario, Canada
Welcome to the forum Jeremy. Appreciate the good intro. The Monte looks pretty clean. Looking forward to seeing your buildup on it.

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor