Next two suspension upgrades

Status
Not open for further replies.

Streetbu

Know it all, that doesn't
Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY
I'm running 750lb springs on coilovers in the front of my car... It rides actually better than it did with cut lowering springs

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: 1 user

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Yup, 5664s are a must with 17 or larger wheels, and as mentioned the tall upper and lower ball joints are a nice touch too. I like the Hellwig "pro touring" bar as well, I've had it on a couple of cars (and even have one on my wife's truck). And then there are the shocks which control the motion - KYBs at a minimum, Bilsteins if you can afford it.

Reactions: 1 users

Clone TIE Pilot

Comic Book Super Hero
Aug 14, 2011
Galaxy far far away
Bad thing about stiffer springs is that they make the frame and body flex more. That is why you need good body mounts, no rust damage, and frame and body reinforcing. Changing the suspension on these cars leads to a domino effect.

Oldcoyote

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 4, 2019
Bad thing about stiffer springs is that they make the frame and body flex more. That is why you need good body mounts, no rust damage, and frame and body reinforcing. Changing the suspension on these cars leads to a domino effect.

I was going to add a Gran Prix bar but my oil cooler is in the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor