CUTLASS No air from vents

Status
Not open for further replies.

smartinez886

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 26, 2018
So I've been working on getting air out of my vents as it only comes out of the defrost and floor. I've hooked up the missing vacuum lines from the engine to the vacuum reservoir and back to the purple line coming from the firewall and still no change. I do hear some air hissing from behind the ac controls so could that be the reason my top vents aren't opening?

Ugly1

Royal Smart Person
Oct 26, 2021
Lost in the woods of NH
You may have to check the vacuum control for the dash. They have a rubber diaphragm I think that controls the whole system. I think there is a thread on it in the forum on the DIY fix from one of the gentleman on here from about 6 months ago or so.
If you have a hand vacuum pump for checking each door control and none are leaking, that may be your culprit.

Reactions: 1 user

smartinez886

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 26, 2018
You may have to check the vacuum control for the dash. They have a rubber diaphragm I think that controls the whole system. I think there is a thread on it in the forum on the DIY fix from one of the gentleman on here from about 6 months ago or so.
If you have a hand vacuum pump for checking each door control and none are leaking, that may be your culprit.
I know theres vacuum where they all connect under the glove box so i’ll check out the vacuum control in the dash appreciate the info

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor