No air through vents

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cookiekid

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 21, 2020
Hi im alex and I have a 1983 grand prix and im trying to fix my ac system but only comes out air through defrost,I noticed that the pink line is all broken but where can I buy the same line.
Thanks-

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
No one makes them. Pink line goes to small nipple of HVAC vacuum ball and the big nipple gets manifold vacuum source. Whitish grey line goes to heater control valve in heater hose. Slip vacuum hose over the pink line or find one intact at a junkyard.

Reactions: 1 user

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
No one makes them. Pink line goes to small nipple of HVAC vacuum ball and the big nipple gets manifold vacuum source. Whitish grey line goes to heater control valve in heater hose. Slip vacuum hose over the pink line or find one intact at a junkyard.

My GP had no vaccum ball. The pink line is connected directly to the manifold directly behind the carb

Reactions: 1 users
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
As said fix it but it is quite often a leaking selector valve cover that causes that condition.

melloelky

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 22, 2017
mass
in a pinch(no pun intended)I've used that plastic capillarity tube(that belongs in the trash)that comes with the oil pressure gauges to repair them before.a short piece of rubber tubing on each end w/a zip tie to restore the connections.

• Useful

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
My GP had no vaccum ball. The pink line is connected directly to the manifold directly behind the carb
wonder what the reason for such a thing was. its no like none of these engines produced insufficient vacuum... maybe the turbo cars?

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
wonder what the reason for such a thing was. its no like none of these engines produced insufficient vacuum... maybe the turbo cars?

so what you are saying the stock engine kinda really sucks.... :popcorn:

Last edited:

Zone_4_Lanlord

Apprentice
Feb 14, 2010
Philadelphia, Mississippi
Did everything work normal doing it that way

57 Handyman

Master Mechanic
Feb 6, 2017
Alex, fixing and replacing the hard AC vacuum hoses in the engine compartment is very doable and straight forward. I've been successful using rubber vacuum hose for bridging/connecting good and leaking sections. For the pink and white tubing, I've found black plastic tubing that is commonly used for air bag installations and readily available from NAPA. To test vacuum function of the numerous actuators, go to your local Autozone or other parts stores and borrow a vacuum tester set. Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor