No brake lights

Status
Not open for further replies.

two90west

Greasemonkey
Sep 25, 2011
chicago
I go to the garage start my car car up and I see I don't have any brake lights I checked all the wires and checked the fuse panel I have power just no lights. All my turn signals work but when I turn on the lights my gas gauge and my speedometer shuts off. My car is a 1983 regal, please help me. I hate electrical problems :evil: :evil:

Bowiemontecarlo86

G-Body Guru
Dec 17, 2011
Tampa fl.
You mean your lights in your dash turn off or your gas gauge and Speedo stop working?

two90west

Greasemonkey
Sep 25, 2011
chicago
did that still no lights, checked the fuse panel i got power there but none in the back when i push the brake switch. the diagram helped but still no lights.

two90west

Greasemonkey
Sep 25, 2011
chicago
Bowiemontecarlo86 said:
You mean your lights in your dash turn off or your gas gauge and Speedo stop working?
gas gauge and speedo stop working, but when i turn the lights off they come back on.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I think the problem is in the turn signal switch. Check the dark green and yellow wire on the connector you'll find on your column for current when the brakes are applied. If you have non then the turn signal switch needs to be replaced.

Turn_Stop_Hazard.JPG

two90west

Greasemonkey
Sep 25, 2011
chicago
Thanks guys but I just took it to my local mechanic I should know something in a couple of days. When I find out what's the problem I will let the gbody world know.

two90west

Greasemonkey
Sep 25, 2011
chicago
pontiacgp said:
I think the problem is in the turn signal switch. Check the dark green and yellow wire on the connector you'll find on your column for current when the brakes are applied. If you have non then the turn signal switch needs to be replaced.
Pontiacgp you were right it was the turn signal switch the local shop put it on for lunch 20bucks.
Turn_Stop_Hazard.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor