NO DASH LIGHTS

Status
Not open for further replies.

79 USA 1

Royal Smart Person
Sep 2, 2011
Cheektowaga, New York
I used the pod removal method and replaced the bulbs with LED's. Also repainted the blueish reflective areas with bright white rustoleum. On my 88 SS the difference was well worth the effort.

Before and after
P1012138.JPG
P1012154.JPG
Same with my 79 which also received a gauge dash upgrade.
P1012095.JPG
20220609_161315.jpg
I have the cool white LEDs but the soft white would give more of a yellow incandescent light color.

• Wow
Reactions: 1 users

86LK

Royal Smart Person
Jul 23, 2018
I used the pod removal method and replaced the bulbs with LED's. Also repainted the blueish reflective areas with bright white rustoleum. On my 88 SS the difference was well worth the effort.

Before and after
View attachment 208893
View attachment 208892
Same with my 79 which also received a gauge dash upgrade.
View attachment 208896
View attachment 208895
I have the cool white LEDs but the soft white would give more of a yellow incandescent light color.
I've heard the LEDs are superbright. are yours dimmable?

79 USA 1

Royal Smart Person
Sep 2, 2011
Cheektowaga, New York
I've heard the LEDs are superbright. are yours dimmable?
Yes they are dimmable. I went with the 6500k cool white bulbs in both cars. They do have a 3000k warm white but with the way these cars gauges are back lit the 6500k worked best to me.
Ironically they came from Super Bright LEDs. I also picked them up about 3 years ago when the price was around $2.95 a bulb.

Bruce Compton

Greasemonkey
Jan 17, 2010
yep, the dash lights are notorious for being dim. use that write-up and let us know it goes
I painted the back of the black cover infront of the gages with some shinny aluminum paint and now have some gage lights. The next time I have things apart I will use a dremil and put some open slots
in the flanges around each gage opening in the plastic cover and that will let way more light in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor