No guages 85 monte

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve-R0828

Apprentice
Apr 16, 2019
OK so I bought a 85 Monte previous owner dropped in a 350 carb set up the only guage that works is volts someone help instrument lights fuse is blown would that have anything to do with it?

Steve-R0828

Apprentice
Apr 16, 2019
I hooked up the temp gauge to the sender grounded out the gauge to make sure it works i checked for power to the fuel sender power is there and grounded fuel gauge it works! The previous owner hacked the harness almost all the way and the only relay I found was the starter relay

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
if the engine harnesses are hacked up you might want to head to the wreckers to find two "new" harnesses. The is a 7 mm bolt in the center of the two harnesses. You need to remove that bolt and the two harness detach together from the back of the fuse box.

Steve-R0828

Apprentice
Apr 16, 2019
I know a guy just down the road with 3 of these in his small junk yard could I just take the relays and harnesses and reconnect them this is how bad the harness is cut

Attachments

• KIMG0129.JPG
    KIMG0129.JPG
    234.9 KB · Views: 177

Steve-R0828

Apprentice
Apr 16, 2019
Ecu is still there i did a dimalar swap on a 91 camaro had no gas gauge I plugged the fuel relay back in and had my gauge back would that be the case here with all the gauges?

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
How about the "Gauges" fuse?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor