No heat after A/C delete box installation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daveward79

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 25, 2017
Hello all

My father has a 79 malibu. he recently took out the A/C system and installed a delete box that still allows for heat. The problem, since installing this box, he gets barely any air flow into the car, and zero heat. He is a tad stubborn and doesn’t believe that he needs new ductwork. SO my question is DOES he need new ductwork, what is he doing wrong?

Qdub24

Royal Smart Person
Sep 6, 2006
Columbus, GA
Did he get an a/c delete plate or a heat only, non-a/c box?

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan

Do the instructions state that anything needed to be changed? Has your father contacted the company? Because a proper A/C delete/heater only box has different ducting and uses cables (vs. vacuum lines in the AC application). Is it sealed up tight? Is the blower motor working well (enough voltage/proper electrical connections (wire gauge))? If the motor is weak is it defective, or should the request be sent through a high amperage relay powered off the back of the alternator? And so on...

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

Daveward79

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 25, 2017
He followed the included instructions, there was a piece he needed to retain from the old parts (which he did) and assembled it as it said. the blower motor is running strong, and all the heater controls are hooked up. just nothing coming into the car.

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
I've looked at the conversion part before. There should be a some online instructions on what needs to be cut off from the inner structure to be reused on the new cover. It's the duct work from the fan to push air to the doors.
Edit: I'm too slow on the keyboard.

Reactions: 1 user

Daveward79

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 25, 2017
lol its ok. but yes he retained the needed pieces and fabricated as the instructions said.

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
Are the original vacuum servos on the original ducting connected?

Fan spinning correct direction?

Daveward79

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 25, 2017
yes, everything reconnected the same as it was taken off. the fan only mounts in one way it looks like.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor