No heat winters coming🥶

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cuttysup7989

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 11, 2020
Finally heat is working blend door was opened which I believe to be the issue ,there is a mechanism behind the glove box that ultimately attaches to the blend door by a metal rod that i had to adjust from the back of the mechanism which I assume is the mechanical blend door acuator. Still trying to figure out why warm air is only coming out from the floor and not the vents. Warm air comes out of the defogger vents though. Photos below is the metal piece that is attached to a rod that runs to the blend door if pushed to the right blend door closes then warm air is produced.

One other thing I noticed is that when the heat is on and working i still get no vacuum from the vac line on the heater valve????? Even though heat is coming out of the floor vent 😂

Attachments

• FEBC4565-5288-452B-8D14-4A18F9A0DD0A.jpeg
    FEBC4565-5288-452B-8D14-4A18F9A0DD0A.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 164
  • 46E7B32A-B0D2-4F68-9075-B3D7AA6ED6F7.jpeg
    46E7B32A-B0D2-4F68-9075-B3D7AA6ED6F7.jpeg
    206 KB · Views: 173

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
The heater valve only closes on Max AC setting. It's open all other times.
On a G-body, this is not completely the case. True, MAX closes the valve. But there's other conditions as well.

It is closed (sees vacuum on the gray line to the valve) in the following conditions:

-Temp lever is in full cold position if in any mode other than MAX (2 port disc valve on the head unit is either open or vented to the heater valve based on this). As soon as you come off full cold on the temp lever and not in MAX, the heater valve should open.
-Any time you are in MAX (temperature lever 2 port valve has no effect in this mode only)

But the rubber discs that control this vacuum signal are crucial that they're in good operating shape in order to maintain the correct vacuum signal.

Reactions: 1 users
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
Unfortunately the vacuum rotary valve on the controller fails all the time on G bodies. It isn't cheap but you need a new one to get heat to the vents.

5spdCab

Royal Smart Person
Dec 29, 2019
Tukwila, Wa.
Finally heat is working blend door was opened which I believe to be the issue ,there is a mechanism behind the glove box that ultimately attaches to the blend door by a metal rod that i had to adjust from the back of the mechanism which I assume is the mechanical blend door acuator. Still trying to figure out why warm air is only coming out from the floor and not the vents. Warm air comes out of the defogger vents though. Photos below is the metal piece that is attached to a rod that runs to the blend door if pushed to the right blend door closes then warm air is produced.

One other thing I noticed is that when the heat is on and working i still get no vacuum from the vac line on the heater valve????? Even though heat is coming out of the floor vent 😂
I read recently that the default for heat/AC with no vacuum is defrost and floor. Sounds like you have no vacuum to the system.

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor