No Spark condition in 1980 monte carlo

Status
Not open for further replies.

jessedukhia

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 4, 2014
Hi Guys,

Any help Im so stumped. I called a mobile mechanic he was wasn't very good and couldn't figure out the issue. Told me brand new ignition coil was bad I took back to the parts store they gave me new still no spark. power and tach(ground) to distributor tested ok. I have installed new distributor, cap, rotor, ignition coil, hei module. The only thing i haven't replaced is the wiring harness that connects the module in the distributor to the cars computer. Could this part be why there is no spark?

P.s the new distributor did not come with this wiring harness. However, it gave instructions on to remove from old distributor to new.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
You can check the wiring on the harness with a multimeter but since it's not expensiove and easy to change I'd be changing the harness

I just realized, this is the second thread you started about the same subject...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor