NO TAIL LIGHTS/BRAKE LIGHTS /SIGNALS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yogi

Master Mechanic
Nov 7, 2016
Houston,Texas
I got my 83 Malibu wagon home. it sounds and runs beautifully. Im ready to start on the cosmetics of the wagon ,but before I do that I have to try to fix a few issues. First of all I checked allthe fuses they were good. Then I checked all the bulbs which wer either old are blown so I replaced all of them from front to back. Now all the lights work s even the license plate light works except for the tail lights brake lights and the signals dont blink. The hazzard lights work but still no tail lights nor brake lights. Then I went and replaced the brake switch on the pedal hoping that it would correct my problem but it didnt. So I really need help try to correct the problem any leads in the right direct is so very appreciated Thanks everyone. YOGI (THE FELIX WAGON PROJECT)

Yogi

Master Mechanic
Nov 7, 2016
Houston,Texas
I want to thank everyone who assisted me evaluating the issue i had with my tail lights and brake likes on my Wagon. A lot of you had mentioned a plug in the rear. So this morning sitting at the computer. I thought maybe it was unplugged when i had the gas tank repaired. I went outside got under the wagon and seen a plug tucked back in the bumper plugged it now i have tail and brake lights. Thanks to everyone.
20191230_095922.jpg
20191230_095922.jpg
20191230_095748.jpg
20191230_095727.jpg

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I'm glad it was an easy fix but I'm just wondering who you are thanking cause I tried to help but I was unintentionally leading you down a rabbit hole.... :popcorn:

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Sometimes you gotta check the obvious. The simplest things can trip you up when you're expecting the problem to be more complicated than it is.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor