non CCC Buick turbo6 replacing CCC Olds 3.8L 6cyl

Status
Not open for further replies.

techg8

Master Mechanic
Feb 29, 2012
So I have a Buick turbo6 I am going to use to replace the 3.8L 6cyl in my 83 Cutlass.

The turbo 6 is non CCC, and the 3.8L 6 cyl is CCC.

Looking for a little wisdom here.....what will I have to take into consideration when deleting the CCC?
Can I just swap the non CCC engine in and leave the CCC wiring?

Sure the check engine light will illuminate, but if I dont care about that - whats the diff? Starting/ignition should be the same, no?

Thanks for any input on the CCC delete. V6 info is ideal, but I welcome any thoughts from guys who have done the non CCC V8 swap as well.

DoubleV

Royal Smart Person
Feb 25, 2011
Medina Ohio
techg8 said:
what will I have to take into consideration when deleting the CCC?

Nothing much other than you have to use a non-CCC carb and distributor and that you'll probably want to get an aftermarket kit to lockup your converter.

Can I just swap the non CCC engine in and leave the CCC wiring?

Yes, but since the CCC wiring harness is separate from all the other wiring, you might as well just remove it for a cleaner look.

Sure the check engine light will illuminate, but if I dont care about that - whats the diff?

Just take the bulb out for the CE light or you can pull the remote lamp driver circuit board which is even easier.

Starting/ignition should be the same, no?

Yep.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor