REGAL Non-shifter T-Type Console - Hard to Find?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
Most of the pics above give you the basics.

They were only an option in regal limited models (not in the ttype, although, you COULD I 1987 order the lc2 in a limited with the 40/40 setup with the console, I'd guess a handful were).

86-down would be woodgrain on the front face, 87 had the same brushed grey effect as the 87 door panels got.

Mount using the same floor brackets as the long full length shifting console.

When it comes to piecing a console together, you could just remove the shifter plate and either put in a wood or flat filler panel in place of the shifter plate... be it carbon fiber or some other creation.

S10 blazer/s15 jimmy used a non-shifting armrest style console I've seen retrofitted into gbodies.

Mar 23, 2018
Most of the pics above give you the basics.

They were only an option in regal limited models (not in the ttype, although, you COULD I 1987 order the lc2 in a limited with the 40/40 setup with the console, I'd guess a handful were).

86-down would be woodgrain on the front face, 87 had the same brushed grey effect as the 87 door panels got.

Mount using the same floor brackets as the long full length shifting console.

When it comes to piecing a console together, you could just remove the shifter plate and either put in a wood or flat filler panel in place of the shifter plate... be it carbon fiber or some other creation.

S10 blazer/s15 jimmy used a non-shifting armrest style console I've seen retrofitted into gbodies.
The 1985 Buick rivieras have the console you are mentioning here is the link to one available on eBay and gbodyparts.com has all interior paint optionshttps://www.ebay.com/i/162627671065...3D711-117182-37290-0%26rvr_id%3D1475906488604

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
I personally would look for the factory style Regal/ T-Type floor shift console and make a removable plate where the shifter would go and add cupholders ect. to it but be able to use it later with a floor shifter if you change your mind about keeping the column shifter

• Winner
Reactions: 1 user

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
It's not the same as the regal version. For one the lid is reversed and located on the front instead of the rear. Second, the lid potion is raised. On the regal version the entire top is flat, not stepped downwards like the riviera.

I'm not sure if they mount the same, but you may be able to fab something up with metalworking.

One thing to beware of with riviera parts like that, they don't have a hump for the trans tunnel and driveshaft. The floor is flat from door to door. Correspondingly, the console will be much taller (by several inches) and possibly too tall altogether?

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
One thing to beware of with riviera parts like that, they don't have a hump for the trans tunnel and driveshaft. The floor is flat from door to door. Correspondingly, the console will be much taller (by several inches) and possibly too tall altogether?

Might work out better, as one could trim to fit to their liking for height?

• Agree

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
Might work out better, as one could trim to fit to their liking for height?
If you did you're going to lose the mount points molded and reinforced on the bottom.

Might be able to rebuild them after with a Dremel and some industrial epoxy? Clamps might keep things square for flat level mounting.

Still, the weird notch with the reverse step having the lid in front would be strange

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
Just looked at the pic on ebay...yeah, every time I looked at it I'd be thinking "why did it get put in backwards"?

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
Just looked at the pic on ebay...yeah, every time I looked at it I'd be thinking "why did it get put in backwards"?
I owned an 81 riviera with one of those back in the late 90s.

If I remember correctly, the reason for the weird notch is that the seats still had fold down padded armrests attached to the sides of the seats. Like what a bench seat gbody has.

• Agree
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor