Noob from Oldsgmail.

Status
Not open for further replies.

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
Noob from Oldsgmail.com

Howdy folks. Someone on the Oldsgmail.com mailing list alerted me to this forum, so I thought I'd join up and help with the G-celebration!

My name is Mike Rothe, and I'm one of the co-founders of Oldsgmail.com. I am mainly an Oldsmobile man, but we also have a couple of late model performance Camaros and a couple of GMC trucks hanging around at our house as well. I've owned only one G-body that wasn't an Olds in the past, and that was a then-new 86 Monte SS. Only had it a year, and traded it in for a new 87 442.

I have a few Oldsmobiles in my stable right now:

69 Hurst/Olds
71 442
84 Hurst/Olds
85 442 (gray)
85 442 (black)

Just dropping in to say hi, y'all!

gbody5

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 2, 2006
Stuck in the 80's
Mike, figures you would beat me to it. :lol: Nice to see you here. I too subscribe to the Olds gmail list along with the monte-list and wish they gave away frequent flyer miles for each visit to the Turbo Buick forums, montecarloss.com, corvetteforum, thirdgen and so on.

I have always loved G-bodies. In addition to the ones in my signature I previously owned two other 86 Monte Carlo SS's and I have a 1988 Corvette Convertible. My webpage: http://webpages.charter.net/gbody5/

To all GbodyForum members, you will see that Mike is a geat guy. He really knows his business and can probably tell you the part numbers for half a dozen things for your G-body Olds right off the top of his head. 8)

Happy New Year to all!

GP403

Administrator
Site Admin
Feb 25, 2005
Rolla, MO
Hey guys! Welcome to everybody comin over from Oldsgmail!

I'm a pontiac guy, but have a soft spot for the oldses. My first G was a '79 Cutlass 260/5 speed converted to auto (dad stole the 5spd! :p ) and I guess my Pontiac is still 1/2 olds :)

Gbodyolds

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 2, 2006

wmsnye

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 2, 2006
S E CT
Hi Mike

I followed the rest of you from the oldsgmail link also. Thanks

TPI Monte SS

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 2, 2006
North Jersey
Re: Hi Mike

wmsnye said:
I followed the rest of you from the oldsgmail link also. Thanks

Me too, thanks for the hook up!

I'm also a certified G-body nut. I currently own an '88 SS (see sig), but have also owned two '85 Monte SSs, an '87 SS, and an '86 Cutlass Salon. That was one of my favs; fully loaded with 307/200-4R/2.56 posi rear, Astroroof, and all power options. My wife hated it though, so I sold it. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor