Noob question#2!

Status
Not open for further replies.

areibel

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 11, 2012
Cambridge Springs PA
OK, now a bodywork question. I know the frame is going to come out from under the car, and I see in a couple other threads that it's easier to pull the front end as a clip- sounds good so far! But I need to replace the trunk floor. Should it be after the body is back on the new frame and bolted down, or can I do it while it's up in the air? I don't want to tweak anything, and the only trunk floors I've replaced were on Mopars, not a full frame car. I must say I do prefer GM's in one aspect- it's nice to be able to unbolt the frame instead of going the spot weld cutter/ air chisel route!

dragonmaster093

Greasemonkey
Jan 27, 2011
tack in some x bracings in the doors across front ( door to door) and bracingg in trunk before pulling the body and it would be stiff enough to lift off and if placed on rotisary can flip body any direction you need to ease instalment of pans

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor