Status
Not open for further replies.

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
G-Body of the Month
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Ok now one of you guys bought it lol
You know what they say. There's an *ss for every seat. Someone was either a stickler for an original NOS seal, or wasn't aware of the minivan alternative. Money was obviously no object in his case.
I do recall some years back, Dixie Monte Carlo had a few oem seals in stock for like $100.00@. I knew a guy that actually bought one. He was a member of this forum.

Reactions: 1 user

Longroof79

G-Body of the Month
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
What do you have for the seal on the tailgate where the glass meets the tailgate? Mines functional, but could use a better one .
Doug.
The answer to that question is, if you have a fairly decent one, you reuse it. That's what we all had to resort to. I don't think they've been available new for along time...nor did anyone ever re-pop them.

Reactions: 1 user

Tuffregal83

G-Body Guru
Mar 30, 2016
Lockport, Il
So this rear window seal got me thinking would a 83-93 s10 blazer rear window seal work well at least at the bottom of glass or top side of tail gate they kinda had the same set up I might pull the trigger for under 50 bucks just to see when that time comes.
Screenshot_20200410-184254.png

Longroof79

G-Body of the Month
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
That might work, but you gotta make sure it's long enough. Another good seal is a GM trunk seal. And again, the length is the factor that would concern me. It does have a nice profile....or you can go with the tried and true Mopar minivan seal.
You can make a trip to the boneyard and save yourself a few bucks. Check out a Blazer while you're there and make sure it will work. From what I can tell, the Blazer seal has molded corners.

Doug Chahoy

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 21, 2016
Doug.
The answer to that question is, if you have a fairly decent one, you reuse it. That's what we all had to resort to. I don't think they've been available new for along time...nor did anyone ever re-pop them.
That’s what I’m doing until something else comes along

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor